Homework

Every day, at least from Monday to Thursday, I do homework with my kids. I noticed that right about the time I have enough of homework, they're bored too. It makes me wonder why school gave kids homework. Isn't 7 hours in school enough time to learn what they need to learn?

I noticed that my kids homework would last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Sometimes more, especially for my child who's in Talented and Gifted Program. Homework has been around since school was invented I guess, but it seems more prevalent nowwadays. What good does homework does?

1 comment:

Gypsy at heart said...

Seems it should teach some responsibility and self-discipline. Sometimes it takes a long time because they just don't apply themselves in a timely manner. I am sure they would rather be out playing, but maybe they will eventually see the long-term benefits.
No, I am not a teacher :)

http://wanderingwonderinggypsy.blogspot.com/