Obsessed

This is when my baby #3 is about 1 year oldI don't know what it is. It must be the double dosed of "x" genes, but women are more or less obsessed with weight. Some might admit it aloud, others might be silent, but if you are a woman, you've worried about weight in one form or another.

I worried about it when I was a gorgeous size 1, weighing around 75* pounds, having a waistline of 21 inches. I was healthy. I was just really slim, and shapely.

I was worried about it after I had three children, thinking I am so fat! I was 120 pounds, and not going anywhere. I was so upset! That's me on the left side, after I have three children.

What I should have done was appreciate myself. I should have been thankful that I have my health and both my Fallopian tubes. Most of all, I should have been happy I was a size 6-8.

Now, after 5 children, I am twice the woman my husband married. It's almost an accomplishment you know. If it's an investment, who wouldn't be happy with at least 100% return? Hah! I can barely squeeze into my size 10 jeans. I am comfortable around size 14. I am woman-sized.

I was starting to grumble and moan all over again, that is if I had ever stopped. Then I realized; it could be worse. What if this is as good as it fucking gets? Shouldn't I get a head start and start appreciating this smaller self of mine in preparation for a bigger me in the future?

I would, but am not giving up yet. Right now, I am breastfeeding my last baby ever. Since spinning** away, nor running from my weight on a treadmill like a lunatic rodent, is not yet an option, I might as well enjoy being a woman of size. That's me on the picture below between my Lil Sis and my daughter. That's me two months after my 5th baby was born.

I was still complaining about the weight. However, I was also very glad to be alive to complain about my weight. My last pregnancy almost did me in. After giving birth, my liver and kidney decided to go on vacation for a few days. That rather ended my dreams of a full dozen little images of me running around. I was also glad to be alive. I was too much of a coward to risk it again. Bye-bye tubes for me.

This is when my baby #3 is about 1 year old This is the happy baby I am currently breastfeeding. He's 17 pounds, height on the 95th percentile, all at 4 and a half months. He's worth it!

I'm not one for moralizing anything. I'd just like to remind myself. As big as I think I am now, it could get bigger tomorrow! Wouldn't it be better to appreciate me now, I might never be this big again? Whatever pounds I'll have gained or lost, this is the moment to enjoy my life. This is perfect in its way. Would you agree?





*Haven't scanned yet any of my picture as newly wed. But trust me, I was small. Small as in tiny.
**Spinning...a gym version of mountain biking. Always great for trimming thighs and buns

7 comments:

Mahendran Govender said...

Hey there :)

Good to see you back up an running :)
Your link has been updated on my blog.

And hey you're the healthy mother of 5, so if you did pick up a few pounds on the journey it doesnt really matter :) For a mom of 5 you look absolutely great.

SS

C... said...

Well said... we must be atuned to one another as my post today discusses these same issues.

Alejandra said...

The comparison method works well with the whole 'weight issue' (of course you have to be careful or it can return to bite you in the ass)

You see someone fatter and then you say: "at least I'm not as bad as her."

And then you see someone skinnier and then you say: "Goddamit! I'm not that skinny but I shall work so that I can be skinnier than that bitch! And so that I can diss her and all her babies!!!" (And then you are supposed to excercise and eat right to get a better body than that poor innocent soul that has become your victim.)

PS. For the fat person - anyone fatter will do. For the skinny - you have to pick someone with a body you can realistically reach. IE Don't pick no models. (At least in the beginning stages).

:D

Spppiinnn away girl! (I actually hate that... I'd rather use some other machine thing...)

Anonymous said...

Great post! And I love the new blog.
It took 31 years and 2 kids for me to finally start accepting my body and I still battle that.

You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

you are like the bloggette DOVE girl. You are real. Not airbrushed,botoxed, liposucked, tummy tucked. What's more is you are secure. That is more lovely than any insecure size -0
Whats more you have 5 amazing world changers to show for it and you show it well.

Sanna said...

Shosh, I am a woman and I have worried about my weight since the day I started thinking. I come from an overweight family and married a man who is not only thin, you can hear his bones rattle. This made me worry even more.

Now, after a baby, I have gained a lot of weight. I feel ugly. I feel fat. I hate it.

BUT that man still loves me. I know and it makes me feel good.

Great post!

Girlie said...

I should say that my husband loves me fat or thin. which is nice I don't have to worry about him as I worry about my weight.