I think all mothers agree that kids are the happiest rolling around in dirt. Well, some kids anyway. My kids and their friends are, certainly.
I have seven children yesterday. Yesterday was sand pile day. One child sneaked in some water, and they were happily building castles. Another child found a water gun, and off they went making tracks in my kitchen filling and refilling their one and only water gun.
They were partially wet and covered with sand after an hour. I decided to let them have water hose too. Actually, that's after 1 hour of whining. They were gleeful and hopping about playing with very wet sand and plenty of water. I have sands all over my house. Even in my oven.
How the sand got into my oven, I will never know. After 4 hours in the muddy sand, rolling and playing, they were done. Their two friends went home, dirty and sandy-wet, but very happy. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a picture.
Today is another playdate, and it's lego day. All seven children are now in various stage of building one thing or the other in my living room. Everyone's happy. Mostly me. No sand to sweep and vacuum today.
1 comment:
OMG, I would not be able to stand all the sand everywhere! It's hard to get sand completely out of carpet, etc. I would have lego day everyday!
Post a Comment