Mad as a Hatter

OK. The title has nothing to do with my post. I think.

Last Friday, DH and I went walking at the mall. We enjoy sitting down with our Which Wich sandwich after walking 4+ miles around the mall. It's a good thing the circumference is big enough or the potential for dizziness-induce-puking is rather high.

Some days, we only put up with walking because we know that after at least 5 laps, we can order our favorite food to date. Which Wich
I was told my hands are allergic to water. I spend long enough time playing with water and my hands bleed. My hands are allergic to water. I have five children which mean I must wash and rinse my hands more often than a surgeon. I have tried mineral oil as a moisturizer for when my hands are still wet. I have tried expensive rich cream, to all kinds of stuff. It would work for an hour, and then it's back to dry and crackly I go. If you have seen X-Men, you can picture my hands as Rho, except, instead of absorbing anything, it just expels all moisture!

How did we get to talking hands? Oh right! Some one tonight thought it would be really fun if they lined up some McDonald condiment and jump on it. There were sweet and sour, ketchup, Honey mustard, and barbecue sauce. It's why my hands are crackly. I had to mop it, and arrange it so that there won't be next time, or at least, as close to no next time as I can make it.

I am thankful for my hands….it's just gets really dry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dry hands? Sometimes I think detergents does this. Maybe you should continue with the moisturizers when your hands are dry this time? Belated mother's day to you!

Sanna said...

Shosh, my MIL has a big hand problem as well. We brought her a special product of lush (www.lush.com) for her hands. It's called Helping Hands and works pretty good. I think it was made for nurses. It is quiet expensive, but worth the money (I think!).

Good luck!

Girlie said...

Sanna, thank you for telling me about "helping hands". It turns out that the designer-soaked mall DH and I walk 3 times a week have the store Lush. It's wonderful. I am going to get a tub of it when we go on Friday.

If you need more, I can buy it for your and maybe shipping will be cheaper?

Sanna said...

Shosh, thanks for the offer, but lately a Lush shop openend in Cologne, so we go there for our soaps and creams.

Sanna