Short Fuse

I have noticed that I have a very short fuse these last two days. I get cranky. I think if I could, I would have sat down and bawl my eyes out complete with feet stumping.

I'm sleepy all the time, but it's not in me to sleep longer than 4 hours. Something would always wake me up. I envy other people who could go lie down and get some sleep. I am not like that. An average sleep for me in a week would be 28-35 hours.

As I am getting older, I noticed that I want to sleep, but there's a pattern to my sleep-deprive routine. I'd get really sleepy. Then I get cranky. Things that wouldn't bother me usually start to get on my nerves. My aim is to keep my mouth shut when I am tired and cranky. I noticed I can get very inventive with my complaints.

Back to sleep pattern. I get very sleepy; my eyes would be half-mast, my head fells like it's stuffed with cottons. Then I just had to do one more thing, that feeling will past, I get my second wind. I don't know if it's good or not. I just know that's how I live with little sleep.

My brother and sister and mother came to town for a short little while. It is always great to see them again. I dragged my little brother for a 90 minuntes detour to pick up my new table. It was really fun. I wish he lived nearby because he and I get along very well. We used to see lots of movies together, and going out to the lake with the kids, and short day trips too. My turn to go up north in a week or two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been working a lot of overtime lately and I also notice that I get cranky and I have less patience.

We have the same sleeping pattern. Four to five hours of sleep also. I've watched something on TV, I think it was 20/20, that it's not really healthy to have only a few hours of sleep at night. We may feel okay now, but it will catch up to us in our older years. I'd like to have more hours of sleep too, but there's just too many things to do and so little time.

Girlie said...

Niceheart, I know exactly how it is.

My mother keeps telling me that not having enough sleep will make someone die early. Gosh, I hope not. I would really like my husband and I to see our grandchildren, perhaps babysit them so the parents can go out and see a movie!

Simple American said...

Gosh! You don't get a lot of sleep at all. Can you squeeze in a short nap maybe. Might help you through the day. :)