Fantastic Read!

My friend Harlot loves book. I am very glad we found each other because I now have read a lot of fantastic books which I would never have found by myself. Come to think of it, I haven't yet read a book she had recommended which I didn't like. I won't count Flowers in the Storm by Laura Kinsale against her. I don't think it was her recommendation. I can't get past the first third of the book without falling asleep. I will try for the 10th time again to read that book because I heard great things about it. I am stubborn about things like that.

I had to start reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon about six times before I got into the book and didn't want to put it down. It was most inconvenient as the book was over 700 pages. I won't even mention the time I read The Bronze Horseman by Paulinna Simons, or its sequel Tatiana and Alexander. All I can say is, my usual 4 hours of sleep went down to two hours until I finished the book. Needless to say, when I finished the book, I was surprised to find my house in total disarray. I love reading. Did I mention that I really love reading? Check the books I've finished this year on my sidebar.

So, The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly is fantastic! Even if you're not into reading, but like it a little, grab this book. Don't let it's size intimidate you. Park it in your bathroom if you have to and read a page or half a page each time. It's simply a book not to be missed. Fiona and Joe. Simply marvelous, darlings!

In fact, the book is so good, it's sequel not due for release in US until January, I decided to order from UK. Considering it's now 2.03 USD per pound sterling...actually, I don't even mind the cost. I must simply read the next book. Have you ever felt this way about a book?

6 comments:

Harlot said...

Shosh, i am very glad i found you too. *sniff* And no i didn't recommend Flowers in the Storm as i haven't even read it!

"I must simply read the next book.." Yep, that happens to me. When i read TBH 3 years ago(?) i didn't even know it has a sequel so that's out of the question. Right now i can only think of one: Twilight. Oh Edward, oh Edward... *sigh* After reading it i HAD to read the next book. And after reading the 2nd book i MUST read the 3rd book! Aaaaah! Thank god just two more days before Eclipse.

Marg said...

This happens to me all the time! You must read The Winter Rose. In my opinion it is an even better read than The Tea Rose! As for me, I am waiting impatiently for the third book which won't be out anywhere until next year!

I am not sure where you live, but there is a UK online bookshop called The Book Depository that gives free shipping to some places in the world, so that might help with the cost of buying The Winter Rose.

BTW, have you read The Summer Garden - the third book in the The Bronze Horseman trilogy?

Girlie said...

Harlot, 2 more days to Eclipse? I haven't even reserve a copy! I feel like I am under a rock. I haven't kept up with new release of my favorite authors!

Girlie said...

Marg, I am now just reading TSG. I mean, I am literally in the first scene of the book.

I have ordered the next two of the Donelly trilogy. I hope it arrives soon. I even paid for expedited shipping. Golly, but British books are expensive. I had to pay clos to 50 for the third book.

Which is your favorite of the Simons trilogy?

Marg said...

My favourite is definitely The Bronze Horseman..the original and the best!

Girlie said...

I feel the same way. The emotions that book pulled out of me were unbelievable! I am still thinking of a list where books like TBH and the like should be put together.

I am thinking of Deborah Smiths A Place to Call Home, The Thorn Birds by McCollough...I think I'm sleepy now though. I can't think up of any.