Little Women

I've always thought that classic means boring. Lately, I have decided to give them a try. I'm nothing if not open-minded about some new experiences when it comes to reading. I might just read a lot of sci-fi yet.

Reading the classics need a lot of preparation. One of the things I have to do is borrow the movie of Little Women which fortunately for me have Christian Bale in it. He's just very sexy, who wouldn't watch the movie with him in it? Plus, I like Wynona Ryder in that movie. That was before a bunch of lawyers who's probably just jealous of her fame and fortune. Some lawyers are just asses that way. Anyway, Wynona is really great on that role.

After watching the movie, I meant to get the book and read it. Lucky for me, my husband saw the unabridged DVD in the library and got it for me. The movie was pretty much faithful to the book, right until the part when Jo came home from NY. It's different from there all the way to the end. The movie was engaging, and the book even more.



I was bombed when Jo didn't marry Teddy. The book explained that part much better. I wouldn't mind re-reading the book in print a few months time. That's how good it is. It's going to my keeper file.

I listened and looked forward to doing my laundry when the kids are asleep or busy so I could finish the story. I did, and I am now going back into classics and catching up. I have Tolstoy's book with me now. It's in audio...the next laundry book. Anna Karenina

6 comments:

louann said...

I read Little Women in 4th grade I think, I had to make a book report. THat was the time when I loved Sweet VAlley Twins and so reading a classic was pretty much boring for me. I think I will read that book again.

Simple American said...

Going to read Tolstoy huh? I remember trying to read War and Peace when I was younger.

I actually want to read some Jane Austen. The movies have been so nice. Want to see how true they are to the books.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I posted a link to your blog on my blog virus page you are participating in. Please link back and post a comment on my blog :)

Karl

Sanna said...

I loved Little Women when I read it, but also loved the movie. You are right, Wynona Rider was just fabulous. Too bad she is more known for her performances at court than in movies right now. What a wasted talent!

Sanna

Jennboree said...

Little Women has always been one of my favorite reads. I also enjoy Pride & Prejudice. But, I'm a silly romantic at heart and what better to escape reality than to visit a few centuries back :)

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to read Little Women ever since I loved the movie. Now that you say the endings are different I think I may finally have to get around to it. And Gabriel Byrne has a nice accent but I still like Christian Bale better.