Am I Looking for My Sea-legs?

I have been feeling nauseated all day. It's exactly the same feeling I get after a cruise, or a ferry ride or any type of water transport ride. It's also the same feeling I get riding the octopus at the carnival. You know the one I am talking about. The ride in which the bench, the carriage, the stick holding the carriage and the main big stick holding the little stick holding a pair of carriage spins and spins. Yep.

Louann over at Three Boys and a Lady gave me awards and I am now a happy sea-sick person sitting down here. Click on the awards below for the award explanation. I am very flattered. Thank you Louann! Nothing like an award to keep me smiling!


I am still waiting for my multi-adaptor for this Sony camera so I can properly display my digiment from a recent book signing. I can't wait to write about it, but it's not the same without the pictures.

One of my bulletin board buddy, Mira, treated us to a dinner at Antares at Reunion Tower. It was fabulous and fantastic. We were inside the ball of light way up in the sky. I am fine with height. I don't think much about it. It's the motion of the restaurant. It might as well have been going at the speed of light for the all difference it made of my motion sickness reflex.
I held on with iron will to my stomach. I am glad to say, I didn't barf. But now, 48 hours after my wonderful dinner, I am still queasy and sea-sick. This doesn't bode well for my husband's plan to take us all on a cruise in Alaska. Unless those sea-sickness medication really works!

My daughter had a blast though. We took picture of our beautiful plates. I'll post it later, when I can retrieve it from my camera. She wants her birthday party at that restaurant next year. Maybe even her wedding reception, even though she hasn't picked up a groom yet. I was glad to hear this because she's only 9.

Did I mention I am quite queasy? I have half a mind to go to my eye doctor and check my prescription. I had such a time with my health insurance today. I am too mad to even gripe about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rock girl! congratulations. no wonder you feel nauseous.

louann said...

Hope you feel better soon.