What Got You Started?

Wordless Wednesday Entry too:

♥♥♥♥♥

I was just visiting my favorite author's board, and I have seen this thread about how someone likes reading a romance author's book, but is not fan of romance. It just got me thinking that I am foremost a romance fan.

I started sneaking at nine to read my mother's Silhouette Desire. I love the stories about relationship. I must have been so young because I actually skip the "loving" bits of the book. I should have paid particular attention to them. That's how one can learn all about sex and keep their hymen intact.

Anyway, I only read romance for a long time. I was in my mid-twenties before I started venturing to another genre. I listed to John Grisham's THE FIRM on audio and feel in love with the guys stories.

I could not stand first-person-singular type books. I feel like I am missing so much and I get frustrated not being able to "eavesdrop" on what the other characters are thinking. Then along came John D. MacDonald and his Travis McGee. What a fun series to read, and I got over my hang-up quickly. I enjoyed J.A. Jance, then Sue Grafton and many more.

As for general fiction, books which read like a movie, Robert Crais and Matthew Reilly broke my cherries. Hostage by Robert Crais became a movie with Bruce Willis in it. I am pretty sure Matthew Reilly's book will turn into movies soon. It's very good and action-packed.

So, if you're into reading, what got you started?

13 comments:

Girlie said...

Right before we moved out of our old house, we had a clogged up to end all other clogged up we ever have.

A whole box of facial tissue were flushed into my children's bathroom. It took me a while to figure it out...a whole washing-machine load of water to be precise.

My son put up this sign for the other kids in the house.

After we have fixed that clog, twice (120$ + 150$), my baby then dropped one of those smiley balls just the right size to wedge in the toilet bowl. So, after we had closed the sale, I bought a new toilet and replaced the one with the ball in it...it refused to budge. That was another 550$.

No more balls or facial tissue in my toilet for a while!

I think they're going for my light-switches anyway. I wonder what the next sign my son is going to make?

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That is funny. Thanks for the visit.

Anonymous said...

Love the note!!

Anonymous said...

love that!! too funny.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Too funny ! Thanks for sharing and Happy WW.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel Mama ():)

Anonymous said...

Useful note!

:D

Anonymous said...

Took me a while but I finally understood the note! LOL!

The World In The Eyes Of Brothers said...

LOL, I love the note. Know the feeling of clogged toilets. We had one recently and to find that in the toilet was stuck a beanie, mittin, dummy and a small teddy. Kids aren't they just wonderful. happy WW.

Shana said...

Funny! HAPPY WW!!!

Becky said...

Ahhh, the things kids get themselves into, no? Great pic, great sentiment in the letter. Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember what I read when I was young, but always loved fiction all through school and even now. I got my son reading by introducing him to Magic Tree House last year (at 9!)

Happy WW! And thanks for the visit :)

Girlie said...

Dawn, my son reads Treehouse too. I'm trying to get my daugther to read Sweet Vally High, the old one, but she's into Babysitters Club and other teenage Fantasy about Unicorns.

TorAa said...

OK - understood - butt I need to...

hehehe

Great entry