I'm So Excited!

In less than 3 hours, I will be meeting a bunch of friends from my favorite Bulletin Board, and my favorite authors too. I can't quite decide whom to buy a book from and take a picture with.

This year, my daughter is going with me. She's 9, but she's into reading. My friend Jovy will watch my kids. There's a dinner afterwards, but I don't think I can go to that one since my husband works nights and it's too late to not be home with my kids.

I heard by door bell two hours ago, and surprise! My mother came to visit me from Oklahoma. It's always wonderful to have her here. I wanted her to sit and relax, but she's like a whirling dervish when it comes to my house. She had washed my dishes, which I had planned to wash later on this evening. I should really sneak out now and pamper myself with nail polish and waxing (my brows) but I think I'll stay and gossip with her instead.

Yoash is asleep for about 2 hours now, which means he's going to wake up soon. Check out his picture on the sidebar. Isn't he cute? I also better check yahoo maps on the best way to get to Hilton Downtown for the signing. At least, rush hour will be going to opposite direction, so I won't be stuck too long in traffic.

It's so hot here right now, and muggy too. I almost didn't want to get out of my 69F temp house... but really, Romance Writers of America Convention doesn't happen everyday.

7 comments:

Harlot said...

Shosh, i didn't know you're going to the RWA. :P Anyway, have fun and grab a lot of freebies, heh. Oh and i really like the new template, very cute. Love the blue background, very soothing. ;) Kisses to Chana!

Cafe Cats said...

Have a blast! Whose signing are you going to?

Anonymous said...

I can meet an actor or a singer no matter how famous and be just fine, but put me in front of a published author and I go all weak in the knees! I'm just so in awe of the written word as an art form.

Girlie said...

Harlot, yes I am. It's practically in my backyard.

Anni, I am going for Susan Elizabeth Phillips and then the rest. I don't think Diana Palmer is going this year. She's my childhood author.

Angie, I know what you mean...except that I am equally in awe with an actor and author both. I hope my tongue gets unglued enough to talk some sense tonight.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a lovely gathering - how wonderful!

Apropos: I have a great blog friend visiting in our vacation home these day and you are all welcome to join us:-)

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great time!

Ingrid said...

Enjoy your gathering ! Here it's not muggy at all, it's rather cold and rainy ! What a summer !