Weekend Full of Movies


I saw The Preacher's Wife with Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston on TV. There's a line in there which strikes a chord. Whitney's character was asking Denzel what happens if the flame goes out between couple? I like Denzel's character's reply. You don't let it. Simple words, yet it makes sense.

Friday night, D and I watched The Painted Veil with Edward Norton. It's a story about a girl and a boy, and a marriage where one loves more than the other. It's a wonderful book, and the movie is great too. I want to re-read the book because I want to find out more about her child. I wonder if the book said anything about it.

Sunday afternoon have us all sitting and lounging in our living room watching THE PRINCESS BRIDE. What a very good movie that was. I love the fencing scene. Even my baby loves watching it. He got really excited when they started rolling down the hill. It's my favorite kind of Sunday where everyone enjoys each others company over good movie. Yossi and Yoash jumped up and down on my train table and made such noise, we has to read sub-title for about half an hour.

I also borrowed Jane Eyre with Timothy Dalton. I watched all 11 episodes of BBC's version. I know it was rather horrible acting at times, but I was caught up with what a hottie Timothy Dalton was. I mean, have you look at this guy closely? He's very handsome and attractive. I think he's a perfect Mr. Rochester just like Colin Firth was a perfect Mr. Darcy.

I decided this will be a summer of catching up on my classics. I am waiting for Wuthering Heights and some other ones too. I think I will watch Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice in all their versions. It might be hard to find all versions, but my local library has most of them. My husband, of course, cannot see the attraction. I think he fell asleep to my Jane Eyre.

D and Yoel went to see Transformers early Sunday evening. Chana and I planned to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at IMAX. They were all sold out when we got there around 11ish. We end up seeing THE TRANSFORMER. I love, love, love the story. I want to watch it again. I think I want to see The Iron Giant again. That was a good movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also trying to watch classics or some old films especially those romantic ones. The one I am really searching is the old version of Princess Sarah with Shirley Temple

Simple American said...

The Iron Giant was a good flick. Hope to see the Transformers this weekend. *blush* I fell asleep at Harry Potter.