I rock!

Truly!

Let me tell you why. Our 4 year old PC has gone to pot. It's not good enough for working with the grown-ups because it's slow. In the world of PC desktop, slow and old is bad and must be gotten rid off. Unfortunately, old and useless non-relative are not as easy to get rid off, or rehabilitated. Yeah, yeah, I am angry about an old man who has nothing better to do but destroy my beautiful family. Same old man who claimed to love and care for his son, so he set out and tried his damniest to take apart said son's children. Bastard, may he rot in hell while he's alive. But I am not talking about that.

I am talking about learning something new. My old PC is now only good for kids. In a true pack rat fashion, I just couldn't get rid of it. I had to fix it a little so that my kids could use it for fun computing. So I did.

First, I had to think of a place to park it where I am still in control of it, and yet away from me so it won't annoy me. I found the perfect spot. In my dining room! Thanks to my Lil Sis contribution of a very decent computer desk in which she happily schlep from her place to mine. All without me having to beg her. What can I say, I have a lovely, lovely family. One that sticks to thick and think. You can't find a nicer family than ours. Oh, we're not perfect, far from it, but we genuinely care for each other and all that we consider ours.

The only problem is, my dining room does not have a phone jack. It's not supposed to, it's probably only used for eating and dining before. My phone jack is a room away. I can't park my PC in the kitchen because it's the kitchen. I need the space for when I cook and bake again. I plan to cook and bake again, just not now. Right now, I am enjoying my last baby. I want the experience to last, so I am cooking the least amount I can get away with. Ok, I was talking about my old PC. You'd think an old PC wouldn't warrant this much soliloquy.

soliloquy
n 1: speech you make to yourself [syn: monologue]
2: a (usually long) dramatic speech intended to give the
illusion of unspoken reflections

Second,I had to put in a wireless DSL connection. If it's not plug and play, my brain shuts down. I want easy,and I want it now. Unfortunately, we all can't get everything we want or that old bastard would have dropped dead the moment he started attacking and planning to molest my children. Nothing to it, I had to make a trip to best buy and get a wireless receiver. I am so thankful that my Lil Bro, who is very smart, and awesome happen to know a lot about computer and he's only a phone call away. I phone and whined about wireless receiver thingy. I got something about G spot...err, I think it wasn't called that, but it definitely have a G in there someplace.

A very helpful tech in Best Buy said I could bring my tower in and they would install it for me for $40. Great price, except for the bringing in the tower there part. I am all stressed out just thinking about it. With a baby, log in a tower to my car and into a store? I don't think so.

I brought my G spotter home, and called my brother again. It was easy! I got a screw...oh, did you see a pattern here? I got a G something-or-the-other and then a screw. LOL. Haha ha ha ha! That's what I did. No, I didn't get myself an orgasm, but it was close. I found that no monster lived inside my computer tower. It's a bunch of circuit boards in there, and one perfect spot for my G receiver. Like any other virgin, it had a hard time fitting in, but when it clicks, it was satisfying!

I was so damn proud of myself, I nearly pat myself on the head! I was so happy I thought I could probably build a new computer from scratch. It's like fitting a puzzle together. I had forgotten that I have a perfectly good and smart brain between my ears. How else could I have enjoyed and finished Biochemistry without it!

I probably won't build a computer from scratch, but I would definitely not get intimidated installing a hardware next time. I can always call my Lil Bro to fix it if I messed it up.

See, I told you I rock!

11 comments:

asianpixie said...

I'm impressed. I have yet to penetrate my tower :)

Girlie said...

LOL. I love play on words!

Thank you.

Me said...

You Rock for real!! i could never have done it and i would take my tower to the experts to do..even with a baby on board!! real funny post..
Congrants

Anonymous said...

'Plug and Play'?


You have no right to complain!

PhilippinesPhil said...

Damn girl, you turned me on!

Airah said...

congrats!

i'm not much of a techie myself when it comes to hardware thingamajigs.

anyway, even I myself can't rid of my old PC.. w/o internet connection and prone to viruses, it's rotting in the corner of my room..

but i still use the old one esp. when my dad's pc is short of ink. haha.. i can't imagine myself passing nothing for the next day's class w/o my old reliable pc. its printer is faster though.

anyway, like what you've said miss, you rock!

have a nice day! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

P.S.: funny post!! <3 it.. ;)

Girlie said...

I never really thought about it, but writing about my old PC has more suggestive words built into it.

Who would have thought it? Talking computers could easily be mistaken for talking sex.

LOL.

Scribbit said...

I always felt bad my husband didn't know anything about cars, it would have been so handy during those school years when the car was always breaking down, but he's a master with computers and now I'm appreciating his fine talents.

Anonymous said...

Do you, by chance, have any plans this evening? I have a computer that's been sitting on my office floor for over a month now and has yet to be set up. I need to hire someone to just get it done for me. what's your fee? :-)

Girlie said...

mama g, am so flattered!

You'd be surprised how easy it is to set up a computer. It's basically like a trigonometry homework, plug and chug and wait to see if it works!

So, really, you need help with set-up?

Anonymous said...

My brother in law, who lives next door, is the one who knows a lot about computers and he's the one I call whenever the computer needs fixing.