Thursday Thirteen #5 - Happy 15 Years!


Thirteen Things about Shoshana



Tomorrow is my 15th year anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long already! It's been a most wonderful years. Happy Fifteen Years of Marriage To US!


1. First sight. I was worried if my husband-to-be would like me as I am this tiny girl of barely 5'2", and not quite 80 pounds! Plus, I'd just gotten sunburned from my beach vacation. If you're typical Filipino, then we all know what even dark and sunburned means. Turned out, he thought I was the prettiest woman there ever was! I thought he was hot! What can I say, I was 18 and "deep."

2. Wedding. My Mama walked me down the aisle. My Papa was kind of late, but he got there before I say "I do" We have lots of guests. I still have no idea how that restaurant managed a sit-down meal for an additional last minutes 4 dozen people. I remember all our three weddings. Yep, 3!

3. Disbelief. O.M.G. Has it been 15 years?! And here I thought I'm only 18!

4. Raising a wife. My husband did a wonderful job raising a wife! All this wife needs is books, lots of it, and cartoon movies along with all 5-hanky movies I can find. My wonderful husband sat and enjoyed it all with me. Remember Joyluck Club? What a tear-jerker of a movie that was.

5. Disaster Dates. I'll have to post another time. Let's just say, it's fortunate that didn't happen before the "I do's" or there'd be 5 less children on this earth!

6. After 5 years of honeymoon, we decided to start a family. We were so excited when I got pregnant with The Girl. Except we don't know she was a girl until her birth day.

7. I was so light and tiny, my husband could span his fingers round my waist. On a full stomach, it was 22.

8. I kept my hair one-length and long, DH trims it for me.

9. Playing chauffeur. I didn't drive til I really have to. So DH drives me wherever I wish to go, which is mostly to the malls and bookstores around town.

10. In 15 years, I can barely recall any quarrel. We have disagreements, but we don't have quarrels...which means, we didn't have make-up sex all that much.

11. I remember all the births we go through together and hearing our babies cry for the first time.

12. We found out were awesome parents too.

13. We still love each other and go out on dates like we're newly weds.


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

How absolutely beautiful! My Hubby and I will be celebrating our 14 year anniversary next month! We married at just 18 too! Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list! Congrats to you all! Thanks for visiting my TT!

Domestic CEO said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Great list. Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! what a wonderful story you share together! We're approaching our 2nd anniversary, and we're having the time of our lives!
Congrats! Thanks for stopping by!

ribbiticus said...

happy 15 years together! here's to 15x more! this is such an inspiring story. thanks for sharing it with us. and thanks for visiting. ;)

Blog said...

Happy Anniversary! 15 is HUGE! And...he cuts your HAIR??? Yikes! It must be love! ;)

Tracie Nall said...

What a sweet list. Did you say that you had three weddings!! My husband and I had three wedding!! Seriously.

My TT is up!

Anonymous said...

well congrats to you guys! I can relate to #10! :)

Carmen said...

happy anniversary! I'm glad you found your "one". :)

Kukka-Maria said...

Happy Anniversary! Everyone should be so fortunate to find a perfect match.

Great TT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. :) Congratulations on 15 years. :)

Such a wonderful, sweet list. :)

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Southern Girl said...

Aww, what great post and tribute to your husband and your marriage. Happy anniversary to you both!

Thanks for stopping by my TT. :)

Frances D said...

Happy 15th.
Sounds like you are one lucky girl!
Three weddings?
We barely made it through one lol.
Take care,
Frances

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and still in love. How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Sweet list! Happy Anniversary!

K said...

Happy Anniversary! A very sweet list!!

Mama Duck said...

How sweet - happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

happy 15th year anniversary!!! and many more to celebrate! cheers!

happy TT

Girlie said...

Thank you guys!

Michelle, Happy 14th year

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Sounds like you guys have a very happy and healthy marriage--a rare find these days! Congrats!!!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! You seem to have a happy married life.
Thanks for stopping by.

Me said...

Shoshana, i was waiting for this post!! Congratulations..you put your life events in very simple words..i enjoyed reading and wish you more happiness( yes, there is always space for more happiness).

Girlie said...

Momsquared, thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

awwww

that's so cute and awesomeeee


:D

- wonder if that'll be me and my boyfriend... ohhhh -

;)

Girlie said...

Hey Ale, no reason why it shouldn't be you and BF.

Good luck and best wishes to you on that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Happy 15th anniversary!
May future years bring you still greater happiness!
God Bless...

Anonymous said...

huwaw! congrats!.. ^_^