Just My Type of News Vol. 1*

"Stop, I don't want to have to pull out my nightstick."
Now that almost sound dirty. Doesn't it? The whole story here, which I think is funny.

Want a child to say "fuck" and not get blamed for it? Go to Toys R Us and buy the "Elite Operations Role Play Set: Police," includes a nightstick and a utility belt. Oy, it's too late, I think they fixed it already. Drat!

Obesity is causing more and more problem. I know that I don't like to sit next to "a person of size" on the plane. They take more of my space, and it makes for a very uncomfortable travel. Not to mention the wafting aroma when things gets warm inside a plane. I can't stand it if I sweat and detect smell of my own body odor; I refuse to take it from someone else! That would be purgatory. You noticed I didn't quite say hell.

Losing weight is not just for aesthetic reasons anymore. It's about saving money on gas, it's about saving the world by using less fossil fuel. Read about it here.

Since it's Halloween, this news is appropriate. There is NO ghost or other things that go bump in the night. Gasp! Really. Aw, shucks! Take note of my ejaculatory paragraph. What can I say, even Halloween stories repudiating the presence of ghost comes right back to sex.

All these time, I was thinking Ghost Whisperer is a "true" account of Melinda Gordon's life. Why do these people have to come and ruin my shows for me!

Efthimiou, a professor at the University of Central Florida, takes out the calculator to prove that if a vampire sucked one person's blood each month — turning each victim into an equally hungry vampire — after a couple of years there would be no people left, just vampires. He started his calculations with just one vampire and 537 million humans on Jan. 1, 1600 and shows that the human population would be down to zero by July 1602.
What this professor is not telling you is how much fun it is to read about the vampires and company. Just take a look at this discussion going on at The Book Bitches. Truly, this makes for an amazing series of books. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
More than 1 in 3 Americans believe houses can be haunted, a 2005 Gallup poll showed. More than 20 percent of Americans believe in witches and that people can communicate with the dead.

It's all very clear that this person didn't go to see "The Others, and if he did, he's skeptical."

What do people do with all the extra space? Take a look at this mansion.

This is Aaron Spelling's Hollywood Hills 123-room mansion. I wonder what I would do with such a big place when I am not a big party animal. If I have an insane amount of money to buy a home, I'd probably buy one a whole lot smaller than this one. I'd want pretty, comfy, and safe. I'd also want to be able to find my children within 30 minutes of walking from one end to the other. Still, you have to admit, it looks really pretty.

*assuming I will have another "free time" do more. :P

8 comments:

Ingrid said...

So you are not believing in witches, vampires and all these lovely people. A goast hunted house about the size of Spelling's would suit to me. At least there is engough room for goast guests. Your children you can always find with a beeper or a special chip.
Lol ! The Halloween fiever takes me over ! I didn't know that Halloween is such a big tradition in the States ! It arrived here slowly, slowly only a couple of years ago. I digged a little in Halloween history and put in my blog how it arrived (again) to Europe. But I like it. I appreciate the nicely decorated blogs and also the pictures people put in there. Yes, I am like a child who has discovered a new toy !
You asked me about the www. T-Shirt I ordered it at this address :

http://www.hebus.com/boutique_tshirts.php

I am sure you can find a T-Shirt printer in the States, that would be much cheaper for you, because they send it to me from Germany and the mailing costs to you will probably be very high !

Girlie said...

Hi Gattina, I didn't even know you're from Europe...all I can see is the "shirt" LOL.

Thank you for the info. That site only speaks French. I hardly understand anything as the only french I know is "moi", and I am from Asia. :)

As for ghost, it's fun for kids. Decorations are truly awesome for a few houses in our neighborhood, and some are plain tasteless. I guess it's all in the spirit of fun.

Girlie said...

CORRECTION:
I meant "amazing" not "amazon"

Go figure!
Blogger won't let me correct it, so it'll be a glaring error forevermore.

Me said...

Shoshana, i always enjoy your writing. i have to let you know that i will not reply to your tag, it was a very hard task to do, and i really could not come up with things to write...tought questions!! sorry, i hope you understand..thanks for thinking of me to write it but i have had it since you posted about it and i have not been able to make my brain work for it!! anyway, check out my last post, kinda funny. have a great day! always love your kids pictures!

Girlie said...

Summer, that's perfectly alright, really. It was just for fun, and if it turns into work, then it's not fun fun anymore. Don't worry about it. ":)

Airah said...

not to mention the fact that obese people are less accepted than anorexic ones. ;p

"What do people do with all the extra space?"

Hehe.. maybe just a show-off that they're rich and all that.

waaah.. i was even surprised the first time I googled Bill Gates' house months ago, and learned that his was just a simple (but take note pretty high-tech) house in a lake or something. and it's not that big in the picture. i mean, he's the richest man in the world and at least, he's being practical.

anyway, i thought the human population is already in billions?

hehe..

have a nice day miss! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

P.S.: have you already received the codes? :P

Girlie said...

Airah, love, love love the template.

Took me this long to install it...kids busy.

Also, one Q...is there a way to make the blog body reduce when I have a "favorite" column up?

I'm definitely having my daughter's template done by you. :)

I'll let her e-mail you when she takes a breath from all her activities.

Girlie said...

Katie, I go for "not obvious.

Makes me wonder why he'd pick Seattle since it's wet most of the time.