Ghandi has nothing on my kids

with Sam

My second grader (SG) is so adorable. He's very smart in math. I think he took after my brother. He does math effortlessly. With reading comprehension he works harder on it. He's got an unbelievable aptitude for music, however, his first love will always be cars. He's very creative, we've decided to write down story ideas in his notebook just in case he'd want to write a story someday.

Anyway, I just noticed that he's quite set in his ways too. At bedtime I'd say:


Me: Sweetie, have you finished your homework?
SG: Sure!
Me: What time is it?
He tells me the time.
Me: No, I mean, it's time for bed.
SG: I know. I was just getting ready.

An hour later...

Me: Are we almost in bed?
SG: Oh, I have to brush my teeth, {then he goes and does just that}
I get distracted and forget about this.
Two and a half hours later, I come across the same child in the dining room figuring out what new patterns he can do with legos.

Me: hey, thought you were in bed!
SG: Oh, I am. I just got up to take my medicine.
Me: Have you taken it already?
SG: I am just about to
Me: Do it now.
SG: OK
Then one of the little ones took my attention away from him again, and another half hour passed and I saw him still in the same spot.


Me: I thought you're in bed.
SG: I was just about to give you a hug Mommy!
Me: I love you sweetie! And you'd better be in bed next time I noticed you!

Under the radar is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that "hug for mommy" thing works wonders! What a cutie he is.