It doesn't seem that long ago when I was all excited when the stick turned blue; or how I grinned a whole 24 hours on hearing that first heartbeats. How D and I have so much fun coming up with names for our baby. We decided to wait until birth to find out our baby's sex. I can still recall the wonder I felt when my stomach moved on it's own to my baby's kick. How this baby had such powerful kick, my tummy would tent up, cone-head shape.
I remember praying that I'd have my labor on a weekend so D could be with me. I was petrified
of going to the hospital by myself. Remember what they said about being careful what I wish for? I started my labor on the day we have our first Physical Chemistry exam. Friday morning, the beginning of a weekend! I was in labor the whole weekend and finally gave birth on Sunday around 7PM. My prayers were answered with a vengeance! I didn't care, I had a beautiful baby in the end.
We have so many memorable conversation throughtout the years. but this one is still my favorite when she was 5 and I was pregnant with baby #4.
DD(darling daughter): Excuse me, Mommy, may I talk to you?
Me: Sure.
DD: Are we having a baby girl?
Me: I don't know. I'll find out when this baby is born.
DD: Well, if it's a boy, you'll return it.
Me: Sorry sweetie, this baby's ours.
DD: Oh. Can we give it away?
Me: No. It's our baby, we'll love it.
DD: (eye alight with the brilliance of her idea) I know! We'll exchange it for a girl!
I got a phone call when Yossi was born.
DD: Mommy, don't exchange the baby. I know it's a boy, but I love him already!
She's such a delightful baby. At one point, she looked so much like me, I remember thinking how incredibly lucky I am to have such a daughter. She's the best girl there is. Smart, funny, artistic, loving and all things that are nice. Today, we're going out on a girls-only (except for the baby) day out, because tomorrow, she'll be sharing the limelight with her little brother for a Build-a-bear-Party. We're celebrating a-la-grown up style tonight. Just us girls and a baby!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! What a wonderful young lady she is. Thanks for letting us share in her special day.
And what a great way to celebrate with a girls-only outing! Have fun!! :)
Awwww! HAppy Birthday to your sweet girly :)
Hi belated Happy birthday to beautiful young lady of the day,
wish her all the best and you as well He!He!He!.
Post a Comment