Thursday Thirteen #1


Thirteen Things about Shoshana


Thirteen things in my expensive, sister-given purse. My Lil Sis's the best. I didn't even know they sell ladies handbags for more than 20 bucks. Honestly, she gave me this gorgeous camel-brown bag by Michael Kors. Evidently, a name on the button spelled like that ups a hand bag price several tens of dollars. Half the time I am nervous using such an expensive bag, coz, what if I spill something on it! Listed in no particular order.

  1. Crumpled receipts - it's amazing how one shopping expedition turns my dollars into wadded pieces of papers with numbers on it. They're great for writing important notes you can lose later.


  2. Stray M&M, yellow-colored, peanut-flavored. I might just be desperate enough to eat it!


  3. Cell phone - it should have been charging, but at least it in my purse when I have to run out of the house early in the morning. Note to self: set the alarm as this truncated sleep might need it.


  4. Coins. I am not counting them, I'll empty it instead later. Except for quarters of course, those are walking bribes. I should just buy those candies in bulk and carry them. On the other hand, it's not as exciting as dropping your quarter in those candy dispenser, then promptly watch as 4 of the 6 tiny pieces they give you drops to the ground; but they sur would be cheaper.


  5. Pen cap, sans pen. I think my little boys have been touring my bag again. Now I have to guess what's missing in my bag. Or if I am really, really lucky, I'll stumble into it before I needed it. I am very nervous thinking I've been out and about pen-less. Pen is a very important thing to carry.


  6. Chapstick. How can anyone leave their house without it? I found out that it works great as a hand moisturizer. Just crumple it and massage.


  7. A packet of Splenda. Hmm, this one might be from chilis...though I am not quite sure...what with my bag-touring-two-year-old boy.


  8. A teeny-tiny, handy-dandy notebook. For writing down those brilliant ideas I might have. It's not that easy coming up with a Thirteen anything for Thursday. Wait a minute, every single page has been written on with drunken circles! I have no doubt my two years old did this. He can write with both hands and never fail to practice anywhere.


  9. Gift Cards. Yep, I carry as much gift cards as I can handle. In case I have extra time to stop by the stores in my gift card collection. Hasn't happened yet since I turned 32 over a whole year ago...but I am optimistic. Besides, how could I leave behind a Victoria's Secret gift card? I could fit into thong sexy thong undies any day now and I am going to be ready to sprint and grab me some. Not the large size, but those medium-to-small kind.


  10. Baby nail cutter. Enough said. In case it doesn't make sense, remember how sharp those nails are from such cute, cuddly fingernails? Yup! Also, real handy with cutting those pesky rans in clothing.


  11. Keys. It has a picture of my babies in it. In case I remember to brag between making sure the little ones walk in the same direction. Picture scattered duckling crossing the street on this one. I have to herd them all the time. Won't do to end up in evening news explaining how one got away.


  12. Hand sanitizer from Bath & Body lavender flavor scent. Do you know that out of all aroma out there, only lavender works with exterminating any poopy smell from changing a baby's diaper? I hate any kind of smell, so this works great for me. I would buy them by the gallon if they have it. In fact, I think I'll put that on my shopping list. One gallon lavender-scented baby wash.


  13. Black Hype wallet. I used to wonder how anyone could carry less than a check-book size wallet before. Now I know. You just bite the whatever (what's that expression again) and do it. It actually works, I feel like a whole new woman.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

Girlie said...

That photo shoot thing? Very interesting. I have to give it some thought.

My Shoes said...

My purse would have so much more in it! 13 would not do.. many 7 times that number.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I have many of these same items in my purse :)

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by my T13 earlier!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty full purse. I think all I have in mine is my wallet, chapstick, keys & cell phone.

Have an awesome day!

Girlie said...

Tinker, I like your heels picture.

I used to carry a lot of things at once. I am convince I cannot absolutely live without them. Then I started taking just the bare necessities for a while, it's very nerve-wracking.

I might as well have walked out naked from my house...iti's that bad. Then after a year of that, I can actually survive even without my cell phone. Just money and drivers license and keys. Very, very petrifying though.

Girlie said...

PPM, that's where I'll be in a few months...a minimalistic wallet I can be happy with.

Do you always carry that few or you used to be "everything-but-the-sink" kind of purse carrier?

Girlie said...

Jersey Girl, that same thought occured to me! LOL.