I was feeding D4-the-baby tonight when I made a mistake of grabbing my new Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter book. It's a really good book, so I take every opportunity to read it here and there. I am halfway through it. Anyway, my baby noticed right away that my gaze have drifted away.
First he complained by crying that pitiful sounding cry. It will make your heart ache listening to him. Except for the fact that there's no tears falling, of course. So I did what any self-respecting mother would do. I pretended to have stopped reading, and keep on reading anyway at a slightly different angle. Ah, the eye-strain I suffer for books I like!
Then I felt it...those sharp little needles, the angry look, and the strong impression of someone trying really hard at something. My first thought as a mother, I am proud of him for trying whatever. He's only 5 months, but he knows to try. Then a millisecond later, ouch! He's biting me!
Here he is soothing his gums because it's very traumatic when teeth first comes in. I am not sure yet if he's realized that now, he can really enforce his "rules" He now has joined the "soft voice, with a big stick" league. I am afraid of teeth. I mean, I've been bitten quite a few times obviously, and I am scared of it.


I feel like I must make no sudden movements, don't show fear. I am happy and sad all at once that my baby is growing older by another month. Pretty soon, he'll be bringing home the girl of his dreams, letting me met his future bride. Oy vey!
8 comments:
Hey Momsquared, I think it's because he's a guy. LOL.
Chana didn't get teeth until about 9 months. And she must have weighed in the 50-60 percentile. Yoash is around 70 percentile weight, and height at 95. I am happy. I hope he lives up to his other name, meaning "Tall and stately" :)
The first time DS2 bit me, I was caught completely off guard and let out a loud yelp. Scared him into crying. I felt so bad for scaring him but he never bit again. With DS1, he just thought it was funny when I responded and would bite me again. Do you think that's a boy thing?
Hi Vixen, I have a child who does that too. It's pretty funny. The louder the ouch I make, the funnier it seems to him. My laundry-obsessed child that is.
I wish I knew what you are talking about. Luke is about 9 1/2 months old by now and doesn't have a single tooth. But he can eat everything just fine. It's amazing!
misbehavinangel, it's different per child. My laundry-obsessed boy had teeth out by four months. My other boy took about 10 months to grow one. I remember being worried about my daughter because everyone her age had teeth,and here she is no teeth!
Plus, she is one of my two children who went straight from breastfeeding to sip-cup.
Luke is healthy, so teeth will come....look at this this way, you don't have to start obsessing about bitten nipples all the time.
Ohhhhhhhh breastfeeding is an experience like no other!
Bella was also late getting teeth but even gums can do some damage!
Hi, Shoshana, I just wanted to say Hi, haven't commented here before. Your kids are absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to reading more.
LBB, you never know! Sometimes, it's traumatic...especially when they clamp down and no amount of lip thumping is going to dislodge them..plus they have both upper and lower teeth. Phew!
Jennboree...I have forgotten about the gum. Yep. These babies are strong, and they have good vacuum hold to harvest that milk. LOL.
Hi ThirdMom, come back anytime. Thank you for commenting. I love comments :)
Post a Comment