He's Into Laundry now*

Every so often, my children would be obsessed with something. One time, my daughter wanted to spread everything creamy on my walls. No lipsticks, face creams, lotions, or lip liners is safe from her. My first son was into scrubbing my floor. He'll gladly sponge and scrub at the floor no matter what state it's in. I also have a nephew who's into relocation. Whereever something, he'll move it somewhere else. It's part of being a child I guess.

Then along came my second son. He's a warrior, and he's obsessed with laundry. Too bad I didn't have a picture of the time he put together the computer back after I had dismantled it because he was in it too much. He was barely two. I wasn't aware he could color code the wires. I was amazed.

Now back to the laundry. I have proof! I had to make this post today because he finally understood the rules of laundry. I used to find my whites with reds and blacks. I keep telling him, "Sweetie, all whites or all blacks." And he'd look at me and go away.

Step 1, at two years old

Well today, the washing machine was empty all morning. He finally took matters into his hand. I passed him by and saw that it was loaded with blacks. He told me, "Mommy, we're doing blacks now." Okay.

Step 2,he's really careful here Step 3, it's tough operating under mommy's radar

Except, I was pretty sure I have no black loads left. I had beiges and whites, but blacks were all done yesterday. Sure enough, a closet-ful of his navy blue uniforms in my washer. All pants in his closet.

And there we have it. My laundry-obsessed child is still laundry obsessed years later. This son of mine is very helpful around my house. D and I love him for it! Flying laundry detergent and all.

Step 4, touch down!this would be him


*that song "In the Army now", it hums inside my head when I see him near my washer and dryer.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! I bet my mom would LOVE to steal your kids some afternoon. We don't do anything at all to help her (unless we are threatened). Poor woman, she deserves a place in heaven... hahahaah

If i ever have kids... I'd like them to be just like yours! Helpful and oh so damn cute!

:P

Girlie said...

Hey Ale, sometimes, the help takes so much longer to undo than the no-help. I am however hoping that my "patience" will pay off later.

I have to admit, my kids does help me...so I am hoping they won't change too much from their sweet helpful selves.

Anonymous said...

He just wanted you to REST on Labor Day weekend! Hope you and your family had a good one. Can you teach him how to dry clean, steam clean carpets, side the house, buld a retaining wall etc......

Anonymous said...

Hey Shosh, can you package him up and send him to me!? I have a moutainous pile of washing that needs doing LOL.

That is just so cute though LOL :)

T-girl said...

I am weeks behind in my laundry right now... send him on over! That is better then my hubby who tried to help me the other day (bless his heart btw, I have not said anything about this to him as it truly was a kind thing for him to do) and did not check the clothes before he put them into the dryer... as you know I have a 16 month old!!!!! Needless to say... I have an itire collection of clothes that are permanently stained! Any ideas? Maybe your little man can fix it! LOL

BTW- those picture are adorable!

Mahendran Govender said...

Awww thats sooo cute!! :)

Girlie said...

He saw me today cleaning up the sink of dishes and silverwares. He went to my trash can and emptied it, replace the liner, wipe the trash can outside and left. All without being ask or told by me.

Now, let's see if I can clone him up.

T-girl said...

OMG! Is that kid for real? Tell me your secret, I can't even get the hubby to take it out let alone replace the liner! LOL

Jealousy knows no bounds! LOL

Girlie said...

LOL. T-girl, it took me 4 kids to get to him. He's my kid number 4. It's really strange that he's a boy, and he likes to help me a lot. He's almost 5 years old now.

I didn't do anything to him at all. He just loves to do house-work. he hee.

Let's see how long this last. The real test is when he's a teenager, would he still like to do these things?

Girlie said...

Correction. #3. OMG, have I got so many kids I messed up their numbering now?

I have by end of September 9, 7, 5, 2, and 5 months.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending me this link ...so cute! After spending a bit of time reading various posts on your blog, you're kids seem simply brilliant!! Must be great parenting - congratulations!

Girlie said...

SA, I don't mind...didn't I mentioned I love comments? LOL!

Anonymous said...

wow! at a very young age. but be careful, though, he might end up being with the laundry himself. you know kids, they're playful, they're experimental. cute picture! nice huggable boy!

Anonymous said...

I agree with sexy mom, they are really playful. My 12 yr old daughter wants to try cooking but I think I can't let her do it by herself.

Girlie said...

This same child insist on frying his own eggs for breakfast all by himself. So I had to make sure he understood I have to be there when he does.

I got to go...my 9 year old daughter wanted to make something, but something's wrong with something...her food's scorch!