DS2, my 5 years old was in the kitchen. I wasn't really paying attention to what he's doing. I think I was too busy sighing my self-satisfied sigh because I just cleaned my kitchen floor.
If you've been reading this blog a while, you will notice that I have a thing for my floors. Some husbands might worry that their wife is going to cheat on them, spend too much money, or go shopping too much...not me. I am already heavily involved with my floor. This is one of the reasons why.
So, here I was, all sweaty and feeling accomplished when I hear an unmistakable sound of a pouring soda. I know soda shouldn't be given to kids. I know this. But my husband loves soda, so blame him! :) Honey, if you're reading this, I'll pay you back, 'k?
DS2 is a very independent, self-possessed and smart child. I don't think he had asked me to pour him anything since he'd learn the trick of pouring anything he likes into a glass at the age of two. So, tonight is no difference.
Accidents happened, and I hear the swoosh of a spurting soda. When I looked back at him, aglow with self-congratulations, it's to see the soda making a perfect arch as it spurt out of the bottle and down into my newly cleaned, orange-smelling, shinny, feels-good-to-the-feet-kitchen-floors.
I finished my drink, took a deep breath and commence looking for something to dry my floors with. My son, smart boy that he is, noticed that he'd just messed up my newly cleaned floors. He said:
Mommy, don't worry. I will clean it all up. Don't worry Mommy.He disappeared towards the direction of my linen closet, where I kept my towels. A few minutes later, he came back with an armful of white face towels...
Now, let me tell you about my thing with whites and stains. I'm off to read my books.
10 comments:
Look at it this way....at least he's helping you with the clean-up!
Awww.. he sounds sweet, and very helpful. :)
Hi Soshana, I saw your kitchen floor, very nice and shinny, hi-hi-hi. I like it!
Oh D2 is very sweet, at his age he said that? Wow, that is amazing.
Michelle, thanks for stopping by...yeah, he can be sweet.
Raquel...I love my kitchen floors too. It's Pergo, and much more manageable than a real wood. At least this one is wipe and clean, and I don't have to re-sand and oil.
Hahhaha.. i really adore your kiddos, clever talaga. At least he want to help even that way LOL
thats one thing i hate too,somebody spilling out something on my table and floor.well,you really have a neat floor and it happens a lot..(spilling)though it wont take forever :)
Ethel, yeah, DS2 is always helpful. He tried to do my laundry gazillion times.
Ghee...I tried not to go bonkers over sticky floors...I don't think it's working.
What with 5 kids...even with rules like food only in kitchen and dining room...someone always sneaks in a glass of juice and then spills.
It's funny and irritating all at once!
Oh - bummer.
But it was sweet that he wanted to clean up instead of saying, "Can I go outside and play?"
I witnessed a similar action when I was growing up - my cousin Linda was visiting (she was probably 14 or so) and we (cousin, sister and I) were at Grandma's when some lambs were being born. Somehow, Linda went outside with good towels instead of old ratty ones to wipe the baby lambs off with.
Good intentions, wrong towels.
I'm a delinquent - haven't been by in a while...sorry!
Happy holidays.
Post a Comment