A Mile A Comment

I am borrowing this inspiration from fellow blogger Sunflower.

I will drag my husband with me a mile per comment. You think I'm going to take brisk walk by myself with 2 to 5 kids in tow?


Actually, for two weeks until January 2, it will be my husband and I brisk-walking behind our 3 older kids in their skates. I have a Walking Miles log on my sidebar, click on it, and you'll see that we will be walking at least 3 times a week.

So, day by day, I will see how many miles total I get to do by my deadline.

22 comments:

Heart of Rachel said...

Wow, that's great exercise and a wonderful way to bond with your family.

Rach

Sunflower said...

i mile for u!

Anonymous said...

ei thanks for leaving a comment :)
have a good day!

Raquel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raquel said...

You go girl. I admire people who love to workout. I saw your walking miles record. Wow! very impressive. I think I will put my biggest loser on my sidebar too, to keep me motivated. If you have time, please check my progress, hehehe..here. Just pround lang eh.

T-girl said...

OMG! WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!! I will have to talk to the hubby about doing this myself... I LOVE it!!! Smart thinking my dear, smart thinking... of course you will have to think of a way of cut it off at some point- you get a lot of comments and of course time of day- do you do the comments from yesterday or today... oh I have loads of ideas on this... loads! thank you so much for giving me the idea- I am going to put something together and then do this myself I think!!!!! KUDOS!

T-girl said...

THERE WAS A NEW GREYS???? My DVR said it was old and didn't record it!!!!!!! NO!!!!! ha... another mile for you.. I am with Mom on this... this is fun and heady but I will be nice and say mine should only count as one because I am too pea brained to read the other comments until after I had posted the first! LMAO Besides if I do it myself I don't want you to be spamming me... oh does spam count? Can you like say spam takes a mile away... make something good come from it? There is an idea! LMAO

Girlie said...

Soulful_SensitiveStreak, this is exactly why we do it. It's great time for the family. It's amazing what they come up with during these walks.

SunflowerThank you for the idea! I'm loving it!

MomSquared ha ha ha. Enjoy! what do you mean new Grays? It's not on my DVR.

Raquelyou're way closer to your goal! I kinda let myself go there on my 5th and 6th pregnancy. Wasn't so strict about my rules of within 10 pounds of 100 pounds before getting pregnant. I thought I wasn't going to get pregnant again after my ectopic one, so I was grateful for 5th and 6th. You are way closer to your goal than I am...congrats!

T-Girl You are so hilarious! Actually Sunflower was doing a minute a comment. Since we lolly-log about, we mark the miles instead. So, for all comments until January 2, I'll do the mileage til maybe [+/-] one week after...unless there's like an explosion of comments, in which case, I'll give myself til Feb to do all the mileage, and I'll note it on my walking miles on my sidebar.

ghee said...

What a warm lovely weather!!

skating is fun and a good exercise.
do u skate too?

Anonymous said...

That's awesome your family is exercising together. I need to get myself exercising again. Just haven't been up to it. Perhaps I'll keep checking in here for motivation!

Anonymous said...

That's great. And you're including the family.

Here's another one for you. :)

Sanna said...

You want a mile? You got it!

Have fun with the family! Sounds like a great idea to me.

Love, S.

albjornstad said...

goodluck my dear! I hope I would have the drive like you. Tamad kasi ako lalo na pag winter.

Anonymous said...

wow gurl, thats fun :)

Girlie said...

Thank you!

In two days, I've dragged my kids and husband to 11.5 miles walk.

Yesterday, I even get to run for a half of a quarter of a mile. DD and I were behind because she had to use the bathroom, so she speed up in her skates, and I decided to run after her. It was great. I really love running. Nothing like it.

Then of course, last night, DS4 can tell I've been misbehaving, he can taste it from my milk...so he was real unhappy about that. His six teeth tells me so.

LhadYmiTcH said...

malapit na christmas. advance merry christmas to u. by the way thats fun...

Airah said...

mile brisk-walking?

hala! goodluck miss. =)

anyway, i think it's pretty ok to do that there since the weather there is very much different from the phils. hehe..

have a nice day! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

Airah said...

2 comments = 2 added miles...

=) =)

kidding. anyway, advance merry xmas and a happy new year miss!

what's your fave xmas song anyway?

cheers,
aiRah

Airah said...

re:comment

about damselsofdesign site not working, i really don't have any idea why.

but it's working fine on my browser.

i just don't understand why my sites seems not to be working fine in yours miss, that's really weird. =)

remember fieryairah.blogspot w/o background images and all? hehe.. weird indeed.

anyway, have a nice day miss! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

p.S.: sorry about the cbox crappy messages..

sharonje927 said...

*Adding another mile*

Good luck and to echo the others, you have a great bonding time with your family. :D

Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom said...

Have fun! It sounds fun :D

Anonymous said...

a mile a comment. wow, that's tough! :)
btw, i feel like i'm on a time warp, because the date of your post is january 02, 2007 (here on earth it's still december 22, 2006). ;)