It's specially great because it's like a personal accomplishment. I. Did. It. Myself. I could have hired my usual cleaning lady to do it for me, but the last one did me in so bad, I haven't recovered yet. I felt like my personal space and privacy has been thoroughly
My darling husband took the three older kids with him this morning. They're all dressed up and looking beautiful. I, on the other hand, felt like an absolute crap. My baby had marathon cough last night, stuffy nose, and was generally cranky. Not to mentioned I was wearing eu-de-barf-n-snot. Not mine, the baby.
Did I also mentioned that my baby took an Anti-Histamine and end up with hives? Yep. Lovely!
So, I have my two younger kids at home all; morning. DS3 was in fine form. He's singing and was literally skipping around the house with a song under his breath. That was perfectly fine with me. Since I can't really do much of anything, I decided to veg out on my couch with a book and a baby. I am currently reading THE SHERBROOKE BRIDE by Catherine Coulter aka, the book that I can find on the spot I was stuck in. Great book. Great sex scenes. Who knows they can be so playful care-free in 1803? Take for example:
...Douglas went mad. His hands were all over her, everywhere he could reach, and he was pleased she was small and that his hands spanned her belly and at the same time his fingers were delving through the dark red hair that covered her woman's mound and she was wet ...His tongue was hot and wet and all she could think of was "Oh my God, something is going to happen to me!"...and she shuddered and she cried out...Well, it does make for a nice reading between drying barfs and wiping runny nose.
When my baby finally slept, I was a whirling dervish with the laundry, the floors and the beds. Ninety minutes later, I had washed two floors, and had a nice shower. So when my DH and kids came home, I was all nice and pleasant. It's not so much that I am unpleasant when my floors gets sticky (and they're bound to get sticky with 5 kids in the house, all juice-addict!). I just get bent out of shape. It's my inner OCD. Not that I have OCD, but if I have, it will be manifesting on my floors. I come from a long line of women who washed their floors regularly.
The only problem with this lineage is that those other women in my family had household help galore to do their bidding. Or more like Household staff.
When DH suggest movie, I was out of the house and into the car before he could finish the sentence. Yeah, I have my baby with me. He's young enough to sleep through action films.
At the movie, DH and I get to hold hands and enjoy just being together. I had to stand and dance my baby five times before he went to sleep. DH would have done it, but DS4 prefers me. The movie date was great! Denzel Washington was fantastic to watch in Deja Vu.
Later on, DH was explaining concepts of time travel which I never got. I'd have to ask him to post it. It was neat except I get bogged down on one detail and can't get past it.
8 comments:
:D
Congrats on the floor! :D and on your movie date. :D I'm envious (of the movie date). :D
Is The Sherbrooke Bride good? I have tried one book of that author and sadly I only lasted till Chapter Three. But two of my online friends said her other books are good. Is that one good book? :D
hi been hir to read. just bloghop.
In the Phils we have a staff and they do our floors. In the USA, once we were old enough, we kids became "the staff." Do kids back there still do chores? Besides our own house, I used to go over to my grandma's every Friday and wash her floors. Any wonder i was her favorite?
Lady Wakefield Thank you! I like SHERBROOKE BRIDE. At first it comes as nincompoop of a character, but once you get past it, when they started turning real...say in chapter 3, it's a very fun book. I wouldn't change a thing. Worth trying. I'd send you my copy, but it's one step away from dead. It's been washed and soaked by my darling boys.
Philippines Phil: I missed my mother's staff. True she made sure we weren't spoiled and still knows how to do things, but it's a big leap from keeping my own room neat, to keeping a whole house neat with 5 kids in it intent of wrecking havoc!
Yeah, my kids are learning to clean. The oldest being 9...they have duties.
No wonder your grandma loves you! When I have grandkids someday, and they come over and help me keep my floors clean...you bet they're gonna be lots of rewards!
Momsquared, you've been reading the wrong books! Pick up some Emma Holly some time. :P
You cried over Blood Diamond...was it because it was so bad and you'd never get that lost 2 hours of your life? :P
I want to see it, but D has a natural aversion to uncomfortable movies...say CHANGING LANES for example. I don't like to see a movie by myself. I've closely associated movie watching as a time to snuggle to D, I can't enjoy it by myself. And I refuse to.
what a day to ya!
I guess most mother need to dance for the baby to sleep hehhehe
I understand the floor thing. It IS an accomplishment. Though a short lived one. So curious how your cleaning lady did you wrong?
Post a Comment