No fever, which is good. Still coughing, and you can hear the phlegm, but it's all behind his throat, so that's good. It just doesn't sound great every time he cough. Nothing more helpless to a parent than watching a little baby cough away. Runny nose is drying up, also good. I really need to pick up a children's stethoscope. It's much more convenient than having to palpate and guess at the congestion.
I think he's getting better. I gave him some Tylenol infant for the fever. He's taken maybe 3
doses in two days. I should have gone for Motrin. Tylenol [acetaminophen], if abused, is hard on the liver. Unfortunately, we don't run into extra liver all that much. But then, there's this thing with Motrin and kidney. Taken exactly told in dosage information shouldn't be a problem for either. I think.I knew it! I should have paid more attention when we're lectured on drugs and organs. Now, I only want to read my romance books. There's nothing like fiction books to unwind. I was going to catch up on reading, and in a way, I did. I checked out my blogroll and catch up on posts. I noticed that my wordpress friends new post are not showing up on blogroll. I wonder why. Anybody have any idea? I'll have to find out later.
Thursday, I was going to meet with my best friends from school, but weather and fever got in the way. It would have been fun, I'm sure. I hope we get to do it soon...perhaps very soon. We got sleet last Thursday. My kids wanted to go out and play, but we didn't let them. I already had one sick baby, and didn't need any more. DH and I rationalized that there wasn't enough ice/snow to make anything fun anyway. Sorry little darlings!
I thought I heard my husband earlier saying something about Typhoon and Philippines. *You can hum "Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel here* and if you don't know the lyrics, I'll help you.
And in the naked light I sawI was this "people" earlier. I might have made grunting noises too, not really sure. I think my darling understood.
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
It didn't really register. Lack of sleep. I just found out on the news very disturbing information. It's Typhoon Durian.
Typhoon Durian is the 9th powerful storm to hit the island nation [Philippines] this year and the 3rd “super-typhoon”.Let's give a prayer for survivors of this disaster. In moments like these, I find it hard to say the right words. I don't think there is such a thing. I felt a little bad at how relieved I was to find that my friends might be far enough away from the storm. I think this is normal human reaction.

It's late, or early, depending on how you look at it. I absolutely love this time of day. Everything is so quiet. All my kids sleeping peacefully. It's wonderful. There's a lot to be thankful for.
Talking about being thankful...I must mention my mother. She's the best there is! Earlier, she came by with a new "do." She looked fantastic in it. Will add picture later [picture added now- My darling son and daughter is in the picture too]. Mama, if you're reading this, Thank you! There's not enough "thank you" in the world for you, Mama. Darling Husband and I love that you took a cranky child and made him laugh while we caught up on CSI: Miami.
18 comments:
hei shoshana!
I was trying to call Manila last week because of the typhoon. Unfortunately, it was very hard to connect. Like you said, let us pray for those who were affected by the storm.
I hope your baby feels better!
The Queer Chef pimped me here-- hihi =)
Nice blog ! :D
I heard about the typhoon too, hope everything gets better there soon.
And hope ur baby's cough will go away soon too ;)
--Angelika Jane.. (Daughter of AL, that commented above there, hihi)
I'm sorry to hear about your kid but glad to know that he is getting better. The worst thing is when kids especially babies get sick. Babies can't express themselves yet so they can't tell you how they feel except for crying which leaves you wondering what.
Yes, it's good the typhoon has decided not to hit us. I'm sorry for those who were hit.]
Thanks for dropping by.
Hey Shosh, Sorry your little man isn't feeling better. It's so hard when they're sick.
I heard about the typhoon and hope everyone is getting through it okay. I think you're right, it's a normal reaction to be happy those closest to you are safe.
Hope your baby is feeling better soon!
*Al* thank you so much for stopping by. I enjoyed perusing through your site. Beautiful kids you've got there.
**AJ** congrats on your black belt. I guess I better not pissed you off, what with your lethal hands and feet now. :)
**Friday's Child**
Thank you for visiting. I am glad you're back to blogging. Been lurking on your blog regularly. :)
**Vixen**
My little man didn't let me sleep last night...practically after I posted to 7AM. Head feels like a stuffed cotton now.
I think the typhoon hit the same spot from a few months ago. I hope they'll get a break from natural disasters. I just don't know how the people are handling it. My prayers are with them.
Thanks Anh.
Momsquared, you're right. But prayers does help those that did the praying, for as much as it is doing nothing, they're at least doing something. Beats being helpless.
What was the word I am thinking of? Oh yeah, 'Placebo'
I hope C would go too. I think it's a sinus infection, or nasal drip. He should be snorting "nasalcrone,sp?". Yoel used to cough every single day.
When he was put on zyrtec and nose spray, it stopped. Which is so much better for D and I. We get better sleep instead of worrying if he's getting enough oxygen.
Yoash is sleeping right now. Lucky him. I can't sleep. Yossi won't like it. :)
mine would promptly walk out, citing a lot of reason why it's not a good idea to sign these papers doctors offers you before they'll see you.
I haven't find a way to get around that. Short of cuffing his feet to the waiting room chairs. But then, he'll probably just walk out with the chair.
Hallo there! Yup I saw the news here about the tragedy. Well almost every country is being hit by bad weather including here
Hey Chase, I see you've been sent by the Queer Chief. :) Thank you for coming by. I think I like this new comment W***ing! :)
Momsquared, for sure Money would help. I think Red Cross and other countries are donating.
I usually send anonymous cash to family in need. D and I gets self-conscious about the thank yous.
Tell C to go to the doctor or we come and stay the whole week taking over your house!
Sad, Momsquared, or haven't you noticed my walls?
I've also heard about the recent typhoon in Bicol. Such terrible tragedy.
Didn't know that Tylenol could be hard on the liver if abused. Thanks for that info.
Glad to hear your baby's doing better now. :D
I've heard the news about the typhoon too and it's heartwrenching to see the destruction it caused. :(
You don't have to feel bad about being relieved your friends are safe and far away. I for one, am relieved too it's far from our place too. (I'm from Negros Occidental).
Hi niceheart, that Tylenol thing, only if you really abuse it...say taking it every single day for a long time!
Sharon, thank you!
I heard there was also Typhoon Reming? Does that mean there's two?
Post a Comment