I can always tell it's winter.
My children told me so. It starts by slight sneezing, then to runny nose. Along comes fever, low-to-mid-grade, this foretells nights of no sleeping for worrying so.
I can always tell it's winter, because of the urge to plant a garden. Fresh flowering plant, all nicely in a row. Along came the frost, and only the strongest survives.
I can tell from compulsion to buy summery things. Like skateboards, and tank-tops- they're on sale!
I can always tell it's winter, because I rejoice in Indian summers.
The End
5 comments:
Aw! Poor Mama! I know the flower feeling myself- towards the end of summer/fall I start to get "bored" with my garden and then go into high gear thinking maybe if I make them extra healthy they will make the winter... they never do! All winter I just want to plant new flowers to enjoy and look at my empty table and want my own flowers! Sometimes I will go out and buy some but it is never the same... there is just something about flowers from your own garden!!
T-Girl, I am so relieved I am not the only have who has this compulsion to plant flowers right before a frost!
If I have my own gardener, I'd make them plant flower, and whent he frost kills it, I'll make them plant it again!
So, did you plant your winter flowers yet?
For me, winter is all about snow.
"My children told me so. It starts by slight sneezing, then to runny nose. Along comes fever, low-to-mid-grade, this foretells nights of no sleeping for worrying so."
That bad?
Gosh, still I can't wait to feel the winter season. blame it on the Filipino diaspora thingy. Hihihi.. =P
Anyway, miss, nice to know you're in Beta now. I have to admit, you're really good in fixing the codes. *smiles*
When I was doing that in your template, it was all screwy. =P Now, it looks fine and cool. Love the labels (another advantage of blogger beta.. geez, when will I transfer? I'll try to make my template work for beta too.)
Anyway, rock on miss! Have a nice day! *hugs*
cheers,
aiRah
P.S.: Hope your 5 little angels are feeling ok now. God bless.
Airah, guess what, when you have your template in place, it will work with Beta.
You just can't use the beta widgets where you can drop and drag page elements.
I didn't choose to upgrade my template because I like it the way it is. I like the labels, so I use it...and I'm keeping my old template too.
If I were to install my template cold, it wouldn't work at all.
I tried, but I don't undertand enough to have nice looking one. Until someone has figured out cute looking templates, other thant he fugly ones they have available, I'll upgrade then.
Airah, if you come to the states, stop by!
Although if you like snow, you'll probably be happier in NY and any of the Northern states.
Post a Comment