We bought some garden soil, which we have renamed "poopy" soil because they really stink. I think it's a mixture of compost and horse/cow manure. Last Saturday, we were digging, and hoeing, and putting in some garden borders. Other kids were examining seeds to plant. Even DS4 helped by biting through an envelop of corn seeds.
It was a blistery day, so water run along with snots as we were starting our garden. Here's our picks :
Corn, three kindsWe have tons more, but I can't remember them now. We went to Home Depot for our garden needs. On one such trip, we got hit by a car. We lost a headlight, crushed our bumpers, misaligned our hood, and shook me so badly, I want to come out of my car swinging.
Pumpkin, the giant variety
Cucumber
Poppy
Zinnia, for borders
peas
She's over-speeding by over 20 miles in a neighborhood street, and not paying attention to where she's going. I had my eldest and youngest child with me, and she's fortunate that no one was hurt. I am very protective of my children that way. Damn her cell phone anyway...and she must have hit accelerator instead of brake.
Bygones! She doesn't have insurance, and had the gall to hand the cops a fake insurance card. I didn't have my cell phone with me during the accident, so I couldn't double check.
With such an eventful beginning, we are off to making a memorable garden for the kids.
6 comments:
I still could not begin anything outside. There is still some clusters of snow and sometimes, it gets - degrees celsius at night so plants may still die.
Anyway, I am also looking forward to buying new plants for the summer.
Well I dont do gardening since I live in the countryside and the whole area is already a garden itself.
What a day ruiner but at least nobody got hurt.
Thank God nothing terrible happened to you and your kids!
Happy gardening! Upload pictures once the garden is up and about :)
When my dad retired from the military we moved onto a half acre and I learned how wonderful the mystery of planting, nurturing, admiring and harvesting. There's nothing more satisfying.
What a scary and dreadful episode - so glad to hear no one was hurt!
Good luck with your gardening - sound like great fun to do it with the kids!
Wishing you all a wonderful growing weekend:-)
what a wreckless driver she was!!
there s a new law here,two years ago,dont use your cell phone while driving.lots of accidents causes are cell fones.
im just practicing...but i would be a safety driver definitely :)
gardening is a good idea for a family,serves as a family bonding :)
btw,im done with my tag,Shoshana :)happy weekend and happy gardening!
Post a Comment