$6.00 = Bubble gum flavor mouth rinse
$9.99 = Apple scented shampoo
$5.00 = Orange scented floor cleaner
$7.50 = Pomegranate flavored hand soup
$$ = 1 dozen towels wet and thrown on the floor which I had to wash
$$$$ = washing machine repair
It's very expensive on weekends when my DS2 is bored. Today he was. He doesn't really bother me. He finds his own entertainment. I looked in on him and found him diligently washing a small
towel with orange scented floor cleaner. He used the towel to clean the window.I went to my room and grab a book to relax and read, when I step into the hallway to get something to drink, I almost slipped. DS2 had "cleaned" my floor by washing it first. He just forgot to dry it afterwards. Two more towels to the rescue!
There's a calling for a Backgammon game online, so I played three games. When I went to the kids' bathroom to change some dirty diapers, it was to find an empty bottle of shampoo and bubble gum flavored mouth rinse. DS2 was wiping the sink dry. The bathroom is slippery, but it smelled great!
I didn't feel like cleaning really, but the pile of towels is now
piling up. I collected them all for washing. That's when I found out that my washing machine won't work. Dead as a doornail. *sob*What am I supposed to do with the ever-growing pile of laundry now? I called my trusty Sears home repair. I pay them yearly for things like this. I was told I wasn't recorded anywhere on their file. WTF! It was late in the afternoon and nothing to be done.
We dressed the kids up, go to the mall and walked 5.0 miles today. Two strollers, 5 kids, in another van because I had lost my headlight in a collision when we were shopping for garden stuff. Walking has become a nice family time for us. We can spend time
together talk and exercise. We were done after two hours.We're in the middle of painting outside; I think they're almost done. I hope! I can't really say if I like it off white. I had my heart set on wear-your-sunglasses-white. Evidently, that wasn't so good because of something or the other. The paint from DS3's hair finally came off today. I thought I had to cut short his hair, but we can hold on a little while longer.
In a home with five children, I find that I cannot live without vacuum cleaner, dust pan and broom, towels, washing machine, and books. Cleaning is better left after every one's asleep!
11 comments:
Well, walking with the family is good after all - great to spend time, talk and exercise you know. But of course, the laundry need it's attention too so I cross my fingers for you:-)
OMG, they can't come until Friday!
I am going to have to buy a washer until they can come, and then I'll return it when my old one's fix.
Imagine this: five children, two adults. One of the adults, not me, changes clothes like a runway person....imagine how big that mountain will be?
I used to have to go to a laundromat. But with 5 kids...you might end up living there! The cleaning never ends and although I hate the saying, "A woman's work is never done," I am finding a lot of truth in it!!!
excitingly eventful day :) although i would be panicking about the machine by now :) hope it gets fixed soon.
At least when he gets bored he cleans things up. Unlike other children who does the opposite. I hope your washing machine gets fixed. I cant survive here without one
SOunds fun and busy..Love stopping by here..Great pics!
We are having a blogging Scavenger Hunt over at Amy's Random Thoughts starting May 1st and we should have a good time!Prizes will be announced soon..Hope you can join us!
i can totally relate with you! with so many family members in the household, tons and tons of laundry, rolls and rolls of toilet paper, tubes and tubes of toothpaste, etc., etc. there is never a dull moment, it's always a riot! and i keep my cool.
Oh my! A life of a mom and the everyday chores. Natutuwa ako your kids knows how to clean up even if they're little. You seem to be doing well there.
I think it is time to lock up the house hold cleaner and any other things that he can get his hands on.
Rose, I had forgotten to say...since child #1, we're locked up our chemicals.
These are from a locked cabinet. DS2 is 5, and he figures out locks. He can put together computer at age almost 2 years. He's very precocious and gifted...which is a blessing most of the time.
I'd go crazy
With that many.
Never a dull moment,
But it's not torment.
Work is never done
Till after the sun is gone.
LOL
Post a Comment