Shoes Etc.

Last Friday, we heard the emergency alarm system blaring a warning. I was so out of touch with news and event; I didn't know what the warning was about. It was for Tornado. My kids were just finishing piano lessons, but I didn't have to worry about their piano teacher. She's safe in minutes from leaving my house. Her next student lives nearby.

It was fortuitous that we're in the middle of repainting outside. All my windows were covered and draped in plastic. My two little children went visiting next door to their Lola's house earlier. When I heard about the Tornado warning, I was concerned that they're not where I can see them. I went to pick them up. By the time we were walking back to my house, hails the sizes of little marbles were raining from the sky. We made it inside sans bruises. There wasn't that many hail because after a few minutes it stopped.

I find it fascinating to see a hail. Raining ice cubes in a not-so-cold weather anymore. I could probably google the information, but that wouldn't be fun. I was thinking that hail is more logical in winter than in spring. In winter, there's actually cold enough weather to make the water freeze. I can still recall the first time I saw hail. It was scary and exciting all at the same time. I imagine it's the same feeling seeing your personal favorite star walking towards you, looking like he's about to axe you.

This afternoon, my daughter and I stepped out of the house. We were going to go to the Mall, but stopped by One Price Shoe Store instead. We had such great time trying on shoes. I think my daughter's shoe interest was awakened today. We left with 5 pairs of shoes between us. I got a pair of sandals for my mother, and three pairs for DD.

At one point, I was afraid she's going to wrestle a petite lady over a pair of sandals. I talked her out of it but only because the sandals came in blue. That's her favorite over any other color right now.

After shoe shopping, we went to Chilis and had a drink over dessert and appetizer. It was only lemonade but we opt to sit in a bar. There were TV screens all over, and we had our attention divided between PGA and kickboxing. I didn't know it was kickboxing. The last boxing I know where the ones with Mohammed Ali, so I was complaining why they were kicking each other. Lucky for us, our very cute, earrings-on-both-ears-server knew about the sport and explains it to me. I would have been embarrassed if I wasn't so occupied trying to figure out what the numbers on Golf score meant.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! Ah tornado and a hail storm. PArang nakakatakot ata kung magka ganyan sa Pinas.

Ei you should watch Pacquiao's victory today. nice fight

House Dad said...

That was such a great post and so well written. I sometimes wonder why people read my posts, but after reading about you guys going shopping, I now get it. It feels nice to be able to share in another persons experiences, who you knid of know thru blogging. So lovely.
Book us a table at Chilli's too, we'll come over and do lunch with you guys, looks great. Do they have Rugby Union on the TV's tho?

Lee :o)

Mari said...

It's really fun going out with your kids--shopping, dining or just browsing makes a great day for the young ones already.

I fixed the link to my blog...thanks for letting me know.

Hasenlauf said...

I want to have a big family. I like the pictures you have up, they are really cute. As far as the warning siren, that would scare me to death, you are very strong to have not panicked.

Girlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Girlie said...

♠ Ferdz, I don't think it came...thought there were enough strong winds to knock off a border on my sidings outside. I found out this afternoon.

♠ HouseDad, thank you, you're too kind! I like reading your blog for the same reason. It's getting to know someone even though they're far away. Jarvee is same age as my Yossi, aka, DS3.

♠ Mari, thank you for fixing your link. You have a nice blog. I went visiting earlier, but wasn't able to leave a comment, it wasn't blogger. It was my kids. They were all over my keyboard!

♠ nameless girl, thank you for visiting my blog. I didn't plan on big family, it just kind of happen, then I wanted more, but couldn't have. I hope you get a big family like you wanted. It's fun most of the time.

louann said...

i think every girl loves shoes....starting your daughter early :)

Anonymous said...

I like hail as long as they are not the size of baseball. Ooohh the shoes are hot!