Photo Hunt #28 - Rare

This is my darling son, (DS3). It was late afternoon, he missed his nap, and this is what happens. Every one of my children have moments like this, but it's so rare, I think I only have one for each. DS4 is too young to have one, but I am sure he'll have one.

Roses are usually not rare. But when you're a serial plant killer gardener like me, a bloom like this is rare indeed. Are you familiar with the phrase, killing with love? I do that to my plants. This flower bloomed only because having six children in my house right now leaves me hardly any time at all to take care of my garden.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soshana, we are of the same mold! I am a serial plant killer myself. I can't grow flowering plants, only weeds. Your rare rose would be rare to me too. :D

PastormacsAnn said...

Boy, your guy was beat! Cute choice for The Hunt.

Love your rose.

Anonymous said...

lol that's a great picture of your son :) A blooming rose in April is a pretty rare site for us northerners! Good luck with the gardening :) Happy hunting!

Gail said...

I see you have a photo of your napping baby, too. ;) Mine was born running, so it is a precious thing to be able to get a photograph of her napping. Even at fourteen.

About your gardening... Looks like maybe you should neglect it more often! *giggle* Thanks for stopping by! God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am not good with plants, either. My roses bloom in spite of me! Such a cute photo of your little one -- it's so funny when they are so tired they just drop off wherever they are.

Anonymous said...

Sounds practical to me - just make sure you're occupied with toher things and you'll have a stunningly beautiful garden :-)

Lisa said...

I'm with you on the gardening. Your boy is beautiful and those are wonderful moments. Happy weekend.

srp said...

I used to have a green thumb, but lost it several years ago. At least for house plants. Now I am trying again with the outdoor variety. Fair results... the jury is still out.

An adorable picture of your sleeping child!

Ingrid said...

What a funny picture ! Just falling asleep in front of these cartons ! and your single rose is indeed rare because it is your only "child" in your killer garden, lol !

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Soshana. It seems your son got tired from the day's activities. It's an adorable moment. Just yesterday, after playing outside all afternoon, my 3-yr old son couldn't help closing his eyes half way through his dinner. I had to talk to him constantly to prevent him from sleeping on the table.

That's a lovely rose. It reminded me that my garden needs some attention. I think my orchids need a little TLC because I don't see any blooms right now.

Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing about your own cousins. Wow, 90 first cousins. How impressive!

Unknown said...

What sweet photos!

Hope you can participate in the BLogging Scavenger Hunt Starting Monday! Would love to see you there!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Cute photo of your son. Glad you at least got one rose :o) When it comes to house plants, I have green thumbs, but unfortunately I seem to be a serial plant killer too when it comes to outside plants... sigh.

You are invited to my blog to see my "rare" post.

Anonymous said...

you couldnt b a serial plant killer with that rose :)the rose is beautiful . i have been trying to plant roses for ages but the blooms are far from perfect. perhaps it is because the temp is too hot here abt 31-35 celcius. perhaps i am just excusing myself hahahahah

MsCarolM said...

LOL! Serial plant killer - that's me, too! Only difference is that you kill them with love, and mine die from neglect!

jennyr said...

the 1st photo is a great capture! he must be really tired! and the 2nd photo, i truly understand what you mean...gosh! i don't know how u do it! I even have a hard time & complains w/ just 2kids,lol! u are a supermom indeed! thanks for stopping by my photohunt!

Lynn said...

Haha! I love pictures like these. The sleeping baby. SSssshhhh. How Cute! Ooooops, see, I spelled cute, with a capital C. I love the hair too! :)

Andree said...

That's a darling photo of your child! I loved the story of your rose: my plants don't survive my neglect.

Teena in Toronto said...

I've been that tired before too.

Mine's up too :)

Shawna said...

Those are rare moments with kids!! So cute!! I'm not too good of a garderner myself!

alisonwonderland said...

i love both your interpretations of the theme. fun photos!