Here are the rules, put up a post "Real Moms [insert what you do here]", followed by an explanation, a picture, and a "Real Moms. Making ....". Then tag five people.
Real Moms teach. They teach their children that being generous makes you a strong person. Politeness is a virtue, and honesty does not equate with rudeness and selfishness. An adulterous wife confessing to her husband that she wants someone else is not being "honest." The time for honesty would have been way before "anything" happened. This example is not so weird or far off. I have five children. I want them to marry to a person who deserves them. I want for them to marry to someone who will love and respect them like I do.
Real Moms teach their children that being in a relationship with someone who is selfish will not make them happy. A selfish person will always

think of themselves first, last and always. They might "pretend" to care about other people, but it won't last long. A selfish person is like a snake. You can give it your all and cherish the snake, but you will never know when a snake will revert to nature and bite you.
Real Moms teach their children being in love does not mean you have to always agree with the other person. Loving someone means being true to each other, and when the other person is suddenly "not happy" anymore because they have found someone better despite all the caring and the support, then it's not "love" anymore. It's something selfish and perverted and it is time to abandon ship. In fact, leave right away and don't let the other person play head games with you.
Real Moms teach their children that the last thing they must do is marry a fixer-upper. Real Moms will explain to their children. Every one has a chance to be saved, but it's better to leave it to the professionals. Happiness in marriage is not bailing out at the first, second or nth time of "boredom." It's so easy to get confused loving with being sorry with the first bloom of lust.
Real Moms will gift their children with self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-confidence so their children can recognize someone selfish, narcissistic, and screwed-up a mile away and will steer clear. They show who those fixer upper are so they can be aware that some things are better left alone.
Real Moms teach their children that people can make mistakes too. If they are already in a committed relationship, it's better to make a clean break rather than cheat. Cheating is a sign of a weak character and bad judgment.
Real Moms teach their children that Mommy will always love them as they are and willing to hear their side of the story, kiss away the boo-boo.
I am supposed to tag 5 people.
*link updated to actual post
Sanna*
Ale
T-Girl
Ghee
Summer*
I actually want to tag
HouseDad* too. He'll be doing Real Dads...check out April 6, 2007 entry
12 comments:
Thanks shoshana for tagging me!!! this makes a great topic for a new post...check it out on my blog soon!
The description of those “snake” selfish people is just perfect.
Hi Shoshana! This is a nice post!
I'm so glad to know that my mom was a real mom to us! She taught us to be generous, honest, polite... she taught us not to compromise our beliefs when blinded by love. She taught us to reach for the stars and smile and try again when we couldn't reach it. I'll forever be thankful to her for that!
God bless to you and your family. Your kids will be great persons with your guidance :)
Can we exchange links? :)
OH! I really like this idea it is all up my ally of this self exploration thing I am on right now! Thanks, it may take me a few days but I will do it I promise!!!!
PS How you doing? I have missed you the last few weeks... a real mom puts blogging behind family I guess! Stupid rule if you ask me! LMAO Does that fall under the non-selfish catagory you think? Personally I think it should fall under the "Mom is a Saint" catagory because Lord knows I would rather be blogging at times! LMAO
Hi Shoshana!thanx ofr the tag..
that was beautiful...teaching makes you a real mom..
i should say more on my own tag then.
thanx again!!
wow thanks for reminding me...i freak out just thinking about the fact that one day my boys will be introducing their 'soon-to-be' wives to me! Ack! And yes, the values that MUST be inculcated because I also value marriage.
nice post.. and nice answers from a real mother... :P
That is quite a nice meme you got Ms. Shoshana. Lovely!
This was a great Real Moms post! I love reading these. :)
Hey Shoshana, thanks for the tag which I'll give a go over the weekend. Never done one before, so need to give it some thought.
Right off for a run in the dark before all the super -fit n sexy runners hit the streets and make me feel like a wezzy, flabby old man...lol :o)
I was tagged by her too ... and after reading what each of you wrote, I'm beginning to feel the pressure!
Well written, thought-out post!
Ellow ate shoshana how are you! nice post your really a real mom hehe!
Post a Comment