In the morning, putting it on is approximately 30 minutes. For me, it takes that long. Damned pencils seem to want to mark all over the place but where I want it. I have a steady-hand (I would have make an excellent surgeon), but absolutely missing make-up sense.
I was thinking that if it takes me 45 minutes on average to put on make-up, and let's say that I only put it on weekdays, which is still 45 minutes times 5 which is like 225 minutes a week, or 3.75 hours a week. In a year is 52 weeks, so it's 195 hours of make-up time. Over at Adventures in Babywearing Stephanie posted her make-up-less self. So, here's my more flattering make-up-less face. The picture on my header? No make-up either.
As you can see, this is already late in the day. I don't think I have even washed my face that day yet. Some days are so busy, I gotta hit the ground running or my schedule will drag me. I have a little routine. Wake up, do my morning ablutions which had better include my face or it's not going to get done until bedtime.With 195 hours I save forgoing make-up, I can catch up on my favorite authors, experiment reading books I would never condescend to hold when I was younger like Lincoln and His Generals by T. Harry Williams. I would have missed how nice this book is. This book flows so I forget I am reading history book when I could read instead a romance book. With 195 hours a year, I can spend it holding my children instead because they are growing very fast, and pretty soon, even if I want to, it's going to be hard to carry them in my arms.
I am not saying wearing make-up is bad. I am just lazy about it, and after looking at the numbers, I don't feel so bad passing it up. Some days, I do put on make-up. I am not a complete slob. But it surely is rare indeed.
15 comments:
Hello from catalonia!
The photo you can see in my blog is an old tobacco factory, in a future it will be an archeological museum. If you are interested you can push an automathic traslation to english. The original idiom is catalan.
All the best for you and your son, I hope she will enjoy your blog in a future...
oh,it was you in the header?u look so cute.i thought both of them r ur daughters? :)
i dont apply make up too much on weekdays,eyebrow pencil and lipstick lang,ok na ako..5 min lang yun!walang time eh :)u look good without make up namn :)
Wow- you are so calculated about it! But it does make sense! I love your blog banner- and I think you look great! Thanks for playing!
Steph
Hello... and thank you very much for your interest in my blog Connexions. You can acces to the automathic translation catalan to english in the right side, under the map location (near the counter).
I will be very happy If you can use it.
Thnaks and all the best!!
Make-up or not, the beauty comes from the inside you know. You are a good excampel and proof I think!
Btw: Thanks for the idea of opening a new business in guided tours - I might consider it you know:-)
Wishing you a lovely week ahead!
hello there thanks for visiting my blog :)
i don't wear make-up too, its just not my habit and i don't know how to use them actually haha :p i only wear make up when i have to attend special occasions that require make-up, like being an "abay" on weddings, during our formal xmas party (every year).. i don't wear make-up going to work.. i just don't feel like putting them on... and that simplicity is a beauty :)
hey nice pic :)
My family just recently pointed out that I don't wear make-up when I go out. I'm starting to think I should :p
You look fine without make-up :)
I'm reading some of your past posts, you have really cute kids!
i hoenstly don't know how to put on make-ups shan...hahaha!kaya i am contented already putting on lip shiner and a little face powder when i go out.
hindi ko lang siguro nakasanayan o nakahiligan..kulang ako sa ganyang klaseng vanity i swear!hahaha!kaya single pa rin hanggang ngayon!;0)
I don't wear much make up...just lipstick to keep my lips moist and that's it. Less is more as they say.
You look great sans make up...it's more natural.
You look great without make-up! That's a lot of hours you save!!
Great post and picture!!! Glad I stumbled over here again
:D With or witout make up, as long as you feel beautiful, people will see you as a beautiful woman...
It's all in your heart and mind
You don't even need makeup, Shoshana. I can remember when I wouldn't have stepped outside my home without makeup on. Now? Like you, I can count the times I've worn makeup in the last few years on one hand.
Thank you for stopping by my place - the old vintage photos were fun to do. It was a real trip down memory lane for me. :-)
Filipinas and the other ladies from this part of the world don't need makeup. I love that about them... Those that put it on don't need to.
Good for you. Far better to read and the money you save on make up can buy more books. :)
Post a Comment