§ We walked our 6 miles plus. DS2 did a wonderful job walking that long. He was mad and frustrated and even shed a tear or two. He wanted to quit so badly. Into our 3rd mile, DS4 wanted to be cuddled. We bought some cotton candy and pop corn. On the way home, I stopped by Sams and grabbed some pizza, pretzel, water and a few other stuff.
§ It's very helpful to have my Maya Wrap on our walks. I put my cranky baby in it and I still have a hand free to push his stroller. He's tight and snug against my chest and off to sleep he goes. If you put the maya wrap just right, your shoulders would never feel the weight of 20 pounds for 90 minutes or more. It's the single, most amazing wrap I have tried. I bought quite a few and this one works best. I have this for over 5 years now, and it has been used with 3 babies already. I used this one when I traveled to the Philippines after DS2 to attend my sister's wedding. This pattern on the left is the fabric I have. It's something "Jamaica," according to a friend who publishes a Quilting Arts Magazine. I wish I could remember precisely what she called it.§ Have you seen the new Ford commercial? It's the one with a car driving on a ledge. What were they thinking? I mean, really. I would like to know whom that particular ad is targeted to. Beavis and Butthead? I don't know what message the other people are getting, all I hear is "Look at Ford, it's an accident waiting to happen!"
§ I was sitting at a food court the other day enjoying my Cajun chicken when a horrible smell assailed my nose. I had to check myself to make sure I didn't land on my bathroom with a dirty diaper about to be dealt with. The stink was that bad. I looked around me and saw an overweight family of four. I did not think they'd go to the mall with a dirty butt, unless all of them are suffering from nose malfunction. I was confused where the smell could be coming from. I discreetly sniff myself thinking I might have some dirty-diaper badge on my clothing, but it's not. I smell of Victoria Secrets spa collection. I finally started checked out what this family was eating.Sbarro Pizza. Is it just me or the powdered mozzarella smells like poop unless you're prepared to picture it on a pizza first. It's one of those aromas which are not endearing at all when it ambushed you like that.
§ I was getting new prescription glasses because the old one was making me sea-sick. It's like being pregnant without a baby. The only thing is, I'm speculating on that morning-sickness. I never had it. What I got during pregnancies is all-day-sleepiness. There was a slight change in my prescription. My doctor thinks I shouldn't have felt it. I did, and now I am 300 dollars poorer.
However, I got a new pair of Tommy H glasses and an almost life-story of my beautiful Brazilian sales person. It's funny how some story just pours out of a person if you lend an ear while fitting frames. Hers was a tale of love and lost, and sacrifices made for career's sake. She's 35 now and wanting a child and husband who can buy a house. I'm sitting here trying to think if I have some free time to match-make for her. Preferably someone with a job, she felt strongly about someone with a job, and an income which can afford a house.
8 comments:
A stinky Family?LOL!I`ve encountered one big stinky family in the mall,too.They dont look like they suffer from financial needs coz they bought this and that but why were they look like a trash and smell like they havent been using their shower and bath tubs?
maybe that was the reason kaya mo na isip na buntis ka pala?sa eyes mo lang pala..
Di ko pa natikamn yang sbarro pizza ah, hehhe pero hwag nalang. LOL
Happy weekend Shos.
Honga pala ganda ng layout mo ah! hehee love the color.
Ghee, it did feel like I was pregnant, except I am all ligated.
Ethel, really, the pizza taste great, just don't use the powdered mozarella.
Thank you for saying that about my layout. Such a compliment as I've always admired yours.
I have the same Maya pattern, Only I have the pouch. I used it with my Now 5 year old, and currently use it with the 1 year old. I'm always having people stop me and ask me about it! LOL
I thought they really stink. If you're in our place you will really meet stinky people...hahaha! But they say it's because of the food they eat.
When baby boy was smaller, I used my Maya wrap a lot. He loved being in it and it helped a lot as you have free hands to do whatever has to be done. Two minutes in the Maya wrap and baby boy slept for peacefully for hours.
Best thing ever!
Sanna
Post a Comment