I Don't Know

Sorry I haven't updated for a few days. I have been having the most wonderful time turning 34!

I can attest to the fact that when it is your birthday and people ask you, "What do you want?" "I don't know" is not the best answer because then you really won't get anything. Seriously! I don't know what I want. I am content with life and with what I have, I truly don't know what I want for my birthday. Aside from world peace, long and happy life, I can't come up with a thing I want.

I managed to get quite a few things on my birthday for someone who doesn't know. When forced to come up with something, I answered that I'd rather have chocolate cake with Boston creme in the middle served with Vanilla ice cream. I want to eat it in bed watching Gilmore Girls. That's exactly what I got. My husband made a special trip to the grocery store for me when I finally said late in the day. He's the best husband ever!

It is now official. I am very boring. I am happy to be boring.

What I really wanted for my birthday is to finish watching Gilmore Girls so I am all caught up. I have finished seasons 1-3. Considering that there's over 15 hours of shows per season, we can safely guess where my nose have been glued to these past few weeks. Sometimes, having this obsessive personality can be a pain. A normal person would probably watch this show to the tune of 1 DVD a week. I managed to cram in the third season in 3 days. Enough said.

We have managed to walked 12+ miles since Saturday. All of us! DS4 and DS3 were on strollers, but still, twelve miles together is wonderful. After we've been to our Lake trail skating, or biking, stopped by a different mall to walk, we have decided that being in our regular mile-long mall is the best Mall to be walking.

My daughter's taking a TAG (Talented and Gifted) test this Saturday and a birthday party later on in the day. On Wednesday, I have a date to meet with my favorite cousin at the airport. She's going home for good, because she couldn't bring all of her family with her in the states.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

well,it means boring din ako?lately,im not longing for material gifts.mas gusto ko pa yung dinner out with my whole family :)

and yup,ilang bdays ko na rin na hubby ko ang gumagawa lahat ng household chores ko pati na ang cooking the whole day.masaya na ako nun,dahil hindi talaga gumagawa s bahay mostly ang mga japanese husbands unlike Americans or Pinoys,I think :)

Happy Bday uli!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ghee, I think it's mostly Pinoys. But then it's might be due to a person. Maybe, nationality have nothing to do with it.

My husband doesn't do much housework, but then he doesn't ask me to do housework. He prefers paying someone else to do it...but I'm picky about whom I let in my door to fold my laundry. So, it's me and sometimes my mother who comes and help.

My husband is perfect. It's amazing how I pick such a good one at 18. I'm training my kids to pick after themselves because it's good for them and good for me.

T-girl said...

WOW... no wonder you haven't had time to blog! LOL I still don't know what I am doing for my birthday, maybe the hubby has something planned! LOL

Hugs- T

T-girl said...

Oh I just read your comments... men are men, they don't like to do housework! LOL Mine is good about helping out when he can though but mostly I think of it as my job since I stay home so I never ask- if he volunteers though I don't stop him. LOL We could afford someone to come in and help but why? I am here and I can do it, just a different little bit a day, if I get behind that is my fault, so I can't complain to anyone. Like I said I look at it as my job so that takes away some of my frustrations, he goes to work and supports our family that is his job, anything else is just gravy! ;) I got lucky too though, but then so did my hubby... he got me! LMAO

Hugs- T

Angelo said...

Glad you had a good birthday Shoshana! I've never liked birthdays, my birthday that is, I like other people's....but I especially started to hate my b-day after I turned 30... whenever somebody asks me what I want I literally want nothing, I even just want to be left alone and not have to go through the customary b-day dinners.... So I guess I'm not only boring, but anti-social as well in my old age :)

Good luck to your daughter! BTW, the pigs are my mom's collection, she and my brother were both born in the year of the pig. You must be an Ox? Happy Birthday again!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome for your daughter! the gifted and talented program is wonderful. one of my daughter's was in it from 1st grade till she graduated from High School. They get to learn more things than the regular classes and get to do really neat projects. Hope she gets in!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hauoli La Hanau is how we say it in hawai'ian.

Yes it snows in Hawai'i, but only on the 3 mountains. Maunakea, Maunaloa and Haleakala.

Anonymous said...

Happy bday to you btw! SO you are also born in the month of Feb. Cool!

louann said...

perfect birthday gift...after having kids, the best thing you could sometimes ask for is time to laze around, eat your comfort food while watching your favorite show.
happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday, shoshana. With a wonderful husband and those five adorable kids, I can understand why you don't wish for anything more. :)