Do you remember that love song from 80's? I think Peter Cetera sung it. I love his songs. He's the album I reached for if I wanted to be dramatic in love. I have the lyrics below, just in case you know the tune and wants to sing along. I'm like that. I hear a line, and a song goes in my head. It's annoying sometimes, because I really wanted to talk about the book which arrive today. Actually, I received two books. I thought the first seller cancelled, and I decided I have enough of waiting, and bought another one. It turned out the first seller didn't cancel, and now I have two of the same books.As a side note, my friend in New Zealand, Tart, tried to send me this book twice with chocolates! It never arrive. Turned out she had to declare the chocolates or the book is dead mail. I wonder if NZ post office burned my book along with my chocolates? They could have at least sent the chocolates over! That was over a year ago. What a waste of good book that was...and I am not even going to start on the chocolate. I was pregnant with DS4 then and I really wanted that New Zealand chocolates. Being a good and perceptive person that she is, she sent me some. I could have cried. I didn't get either.
The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons is the book I am talking about. It's not publish in the states at all. It takes extra effort to get it. The first in the series is The Bronze Horseman, then Tatiana and Alexander. These are long books, but they are really great books. You get history, you get romance, you get fantastic sex, you get angst, and just about everything in between. It will make your heart race, it will make you mad, it will also make you sigh with love.
My friends over at The Book Bitches are nuts for this book. One more than the other, I think. Actually, that's saying it mildly. She's insane about this book. In a good way, I think. She's the reason why I went all out and ordered this book overseas because I can't find it on my usual hunts. I almost paid 50 bucks for it from Australia. Whew.
So, if you ever feel like going on a grand adventure, witness and get involve in an epic tale of love and war and treachery, you can't find anything better than this series of books.
I do believe this songs goes with the series too! Now, stack up on chocolates, tissues, and find a most comforatable spot and start reading.
After All by Peter Cetera
Well, here we are again;
I guess it must be fate.
We've tried it on our own,
But deep inside we've known
We'd be back to set things straight.
I still remember when
Your kiss was so brand new.
Every memory repeats,
Every step I take retreats,
Every journey always brings me back to you.
CHORUS
After All the stops and starts,
We keep coming back to these two hearts,
Two angels who've been rescued from the fall.
After All that we've been through,
It all comes down to me and you.
I guess it's meant to be,
Forever you and me, After All.
When love is truly right
(This time it's truly right.)
It lives from year to year.
It changes as it goes,
Oh, and on the way it grows,
But it never disappears,
CHORUS
Always just beyond my touch,
You know I needed you so much.
After All, what else is livin' for?
CHORUS

8 comments:
Hey Shoshana! I've been so busy I couldn't blog for a whole week! I wish I had time to read interesting books.... but I definitely know that song, great song. Have a great weekend!
After all is a lovely song.
hmm,i dont know the song...
lucky you have enough time to read books,but you dont need to read same books at a time,right?LOL!
well,i can figure out that we,februarians are all smart huh?surprised to know that you`re one of us!
happy reading weekend,Shoshana!
Angelo, I noticed, and I totally understand. I hope you do well in your exam...when is it happening?
Rose, yeah, isn't that a nice song?
Ghee, *gasp* you have not heard of Peter Cetera's After All? You gotta go and listen to him and let me know how you like him.
Now that I think of it, maybe you have to hear him before you're done with your teens or he's miss.
Yep..Februarians (I can't even pronounce that thing) are smart. :P When is yours?
ooohh i love that song! yup yup.. love IS grand :)
yes i like his music, he is the lead vocal of chicago right? i have their album the best of chicago.
I Love that song! My relationship with my hubby can relates so much to the essence of the song. It was included in the playlist during our wedding reception.
Indeed, After Al...
Ale, I am going to let you know...and if you want to read it, borrow my copy coz it's here. I haven't finished it.
You should ask Tart so I could send you my other book when you know it's for sure ok.
Post a Comment