It has 13 ingredients, plus the cheese. If you don't have Northern beans, you can replace it with some white beans, and for kidney beans, another reddish-looking beans.
1. 1 cup thinly sliced celery, about 1 small stalkHeat all ingredients except cheese to boiling in Dutch oven, breaking up tomatoes; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender. Serve with cheese.
2. 1 cup sliced zucchini, about 1 small
3. 1 cup shredded cabbage
4. 1/2 cup chopped onion, about 1 medium
5. 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni, or broken up spaghetti
6. 1 1/4 cup water
7. 2 tsp vegetable bouillon granules
8. 1 tsp Italian seasoning
9. 1 clove garlic, crushed
10. 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
11. 1 can (15 oz) Great Northern beans, undrained
12. 1 can (8 oz) kidney beans, undrained
13. 1 can (8 oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
and grated Parmesan cheese
6 servings
305 cal/serving
3 g fat/serving
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
25 comments:
I am printing this out and am going to try it! My husband is in the produce biz, so I love the veggie aspects!
I love Minestrone - thanks for sharing your recipe. My MIL comes to visit us for a week by reason of our sons christening... I´m going to serve it while she´s here =)
i've never made minestrone but i'm always looking for great recipes. thanks for sharing and happy TT
What a great idea for a TT posting. I love that your recipe includes lots of veggies. I've saved to my desktop. Will keep you posted as to how it turns out. My TT is all about feeding the mind this week ~ movies that made me go HMMM. Have a great week, XINE
Yum! Yum! Yum!!
Interesting twist on a 13 list. I love recipes where I just dump and stir. Thanks!
I love minestrone...and I love my dutch oven!
Yummy TT!
Thanks for the recipe!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy
Great list!
Cool idea, and looks so good.
Happy TT!
That sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe - I'll have to bookmark it for future use. :) Soup is so nice to eat on a cold winter's day.
Thanks for stopping by and happy T13. :)
wow seems like a yummmm recipee.. :)
Mmmmmm!! Sounds very yummy!
I love minestrone!!
re:present for your father?how bout a home made cake or some of your dishes?
me,i love to buy my FIL a pair of Pjamas,i dont know,i feel that he doesnt need anything and a pair of pajamas can give him warmth that shows how warm person i am :)
Mmm! Will have to try it sometime!
Umm- Looks good. Great idea for 13. Will have to check it out.
I'm sitting here starving, and had to read this good recipe!!
Check out my Thursday Thirteen
I forgot to say that if there is no Dutch Oven available, it will cook just find in a soup pot, or any other thing that can be cover and will hold all the liquid.
I just made this and everyone loves it!
Even my very picky 2 year old.
That's one good meal. Will try to cook it once I bought the ingredients.
BTW, The queer chef pimped me here ^_^
Quick to make, easy to find ingredients - even the beans... and sounds tasty...
Selfmade Minstrone is one of our top fav soups. But it must be homemade with all the fresh ingrediants.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great time in the Weekend.
=^.^=
TorAa, this might be canned ingredients, but once it is cooked, it doesn't feel like it came from cans at all.
That was my worry when I tried this recipe, but it's actually very good.
Minestrone is one of my favorite and even more: now I have a hankering for it just as you have with my Norwegian salmon:-)
Wishing you a wonderful end to your week!
mmmm that sounds good.... especially on a cold winter's day! Thanks for the recipe, maybe I'll try, or just stock up when my mom to make some hehe :)
looks like a delicious meal, happy chinese new year!
Thanks for the recipe!
Mine's up too :)
Post a Comment