What if Hillary Won?

It would be like living with your bossy, know-it-all mother-in-law from hell. I don't know what that feels like really. My MIL leaves me pretty much alone, except for a few times that she tarnish with the same brush my husband and my asshole of a non-FIL.

It would be nice to have a "woman" president for the US, but perhaps Hilary might not be an ideal choice. What family values does she bring? The biggest message would be to stay with your husband who fucks around because he has money and power. That fidelity is not that important, fame is.

Maybe we can look on it as a plus. Divorce rate might actually go down, and some divorce lawyers will go out of job.

On the other hand, what's to stop husbands from pulling a Clinton? If our role-model can do it; why not the ordinary people? Aren't those in power supposed to be a representative of the people?

On the other hand, what does fidelity and being married have to do with the presidency? Maybe Hilary will be the first divorce, woman president of the US. That's like two "firsts" at once. Could you blame her for dumping Bill after he'd humiliated her so publicly?

More importantly, what had she accomplish on her own without riding on her husband's coattails? Was I asking the wrong question here?

3 comments:

T-girl said...

NO! NO! NO!!!!! I had a WHOLE LONG POST TO YOU AND BLOGGER ATE IT!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I was so damn eloquant and such too!!! NO!!!!!!

Fine, short and to the point. I agree she would be like your average MIL. While a registrared Dem I don't think she is a the best person on the ticket this year. I am tired of people supporting her because she is not Bush & name recognition (these two go together, I explained it earilier LOL) or she is a woman! I think it is INSULTING to woman everywhere to vote for someone based on sex!

Sigh, I had a GREAT post on this! I am supporting John Edwards for the Dem ticket this year btw! ;)

Hugs T

PS I am seriously depressed... it was a good post! Stupid blogger- kick it's ass!

That Chick Over There said...

I wrote a post about Hilary running on my blog too. Because I fear that a lot of women will vote for her just because she lacks a penis. And I just don't think that's the reason to vote for someone. You know?

Anyway, good post. Nice to meet you and all that good stuff too. :)

Michelle said...

I'm so sick of politics.. in a few months I'm going to want to move to a cave where the news can't reach me.

I'm finding pretty much all the candidates to be abhorrent in one fashion or another. Yuck.

And Hillary is probably the most frightening of all!