Customer Service Anyone?*

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February & March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then added late fees & interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00, now it's somewhere around $60.00.

A family member placed a call to Citibank:

Family Member: "I'm calling to tell you that she died in January."

Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees & charges still apply."

Family Member: "Maybe you should turn it over to collections."

Citibank: "Since it is two months past due, it already has been."

Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?"

Citibank: "Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to the credit bureau; maybe both!"

Family Member: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"

Citibank: "Excuse me?"

Family Member: "Did you just get what I was telling you . . . the part about her being dead?"

Citibank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor"
Supervisor gets on the phone.

Family Member: "I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."

Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees & charges still apply."

Family Member: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?"

Citibank: (Stammer) "Are you her lawyer?"

Family Member: "No, I'm her great nephew." (Lawyer info given)

Citibank: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"

Family Member: "Sure." (the fax number is given)
After they get the fax ...

Citibank: "Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know what more I can do to help."

Family Member: "Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don't think she will care."

Citibank: "Well, the late fees & charges do still apply."

Family Member: "Would you like her new billing address?"

Citibank: "That might help."

Family Member: "Odessa Memorial Cemetery, Highway 129, Plot Number 69."

Citibank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"

Family Member: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?"

What fun it is dealing with "customer service." Was this as funny as AOL's Customer Service? Maybe I should have a little poll going.

*cut and pasted from a Bulletin Board

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine being the one talking to customer service. You really do wonder who these people are sometimes! Whenever I come across a nice/helpful customer service person I practically kiss their feet. LOL.

I'll have to pass this on, too funny.

Jennboree said...

Just different enough from AOL's to be equally funny :)

Often, Customer Service = Moron

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if customer service were as entertaining to remember as these two are.

My Maytag experience was just horrible. I think there's a rule that if you have to be in customer service, you have to be thick, dumb, and rude...most of the time.

There are exceptions after all.

ev said...

wonderful and very cool site here!if its fine with you i'll add you up to my link? mahal ko kasi mga taga mindanao...hehe!

Girlie said...

Ev, thank you! Sure, add me. I'll list you to my blogroll. I haven't met that many Mindanayons here. :)

Angelo said...

LOL....that's ridiculous.... where do they get these customer service people anyway?

Airah said...

sometimes, customer service people are just as worse as telemarketers. they just won't stop.

it's like the thing about their client being dead couldn't sink in. the only thing that matters to them id money.

how---how whatever! =P

anyway, have a nice day! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

T-girl said...

OH DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON CITIBANK!!!! I have a WHOLE post dedicated to those idiots! I swear the have a lack of intelligence test to work there! I had one woman call and yell at me and asked me if she needed to call me monthly to make sure I paid my bills! She did not seem to get the fact IT WAS THIER MISTAKE NOT MINE! lol

T-girl said...

OMG! I just read the AOL one... when we were moving the hubby and I used AOL... it was a free trial thing we had and since we were in route it made sense right? Canceling that account was the hardest thing we ever did- I swear that conversation could have been my husband and him cancling it! He was like "look it was nothing you all did!" meanwhile I am screaming the background, "tell the f-er to cancle the damn thing, we don't want it, we don't LIKE it and we will NEVER use it agian!" LMAO They train their minions to make u stay because you get tired of talking to them! LMAO

Girlie said...

I think to be a customer service rep for AOL and Citibank, you have to sign a weaver about leaving decency and brains and general politeness at the doorway of the workplace.

It would explain so much!

I think the best customer service award goes to Fedility. You invest less than 10 thousand, or over 100 thousand, they are polite and smart, and fantastic. It makes you want to just withdraw all your investment elsewhere and put it with them. That's how good they are! In the last 14 years we've dealt with them, I've never meet one who's not capable and nice.

Girlie said...

I should have recorded my calls to MCI back in 97 when I tried to cancel my calling card plans with them.

I have to call every month to take off the charges, and I have to do it for like 8 months before it was finally gone from my card.

Horrible huh? Those are hours of my life I could have used reading my favorite book!

sharonje927 said...

LOL! That's too funny but I bet I won't be evev smiling when I'd be on the receiving end of that kind of brainlessness.