![]() |
I might not always do them, but I am very fascinated with "home remedies." So this Thursday, I'm having 13 home remedies found all over the world. Read these with a grain of salt. Or take a whole bucketful if you have to. Have you heard anything more outlandish than that one from China below? Bruises 1. Croatia INGREDIENTS: margarine or butter INSTRUCTIONS: Rub a little to liberal amount of butter on the bruise and leave it. Works on the worst of bruises. From a boxer! 2. Korea INGREDIENTS: raw beef, bandage INSTRUCTIONS: When people get a bruise in Korea, they use raw beef. First, cut the beef in a small piece and put it on the bruise, after that cover it with a bandage. If you repeat three times at least. 3. Japan INGREDIENTS: butter and sugar INSTRUCTIONS: all you do mix butter and sugar sure that it cold and spread. Bad Breath 4. Austria INGREDIENTS: Mint leaves INSTRUCTIONS: Chew on mint leaves and your breathe will be fresh. This is an Austrian thing, and I have used it myself and it works really well. 5. South Africa INGREDIENTS:Tropical Fruit named : Paw Paw ![]() INSTRUCTIONS: Cut paw paw open, scoop out pips and cut into wedges or bite size cubes, eat at least 2-3 dessert bowls of bite size cubes daily. This really is very good for cleaning the stomach which is often the real cause of bad breath. Make this part of your daily diet and I guarantee it will stop bad breath. I got this remedy from a Doctors article in a South African family magazine. 6. Canada INGREDIENTS: CLOVE (whole) INSTRUCTIONS: Chew a entire clove or if it's too spicy for you, keep it in your mouth. It's the best for bad breath (even toothache!). Diaper Rash 7. USA INGREDIENTS: Egg Whites INSTRUCTIONS: I was on vacation in Florida and we stayed with friends who had well water. My niece got really bad diarrhea from the well water in her formula she had the worst diaper rash I've ever seen. She couldn't even walk without crying. Take about 3 or 4 eggs and just crack them open get rid of the yolk and pour the egg whites over the clean & dry rash and put on a clean diaper. The rash should look better by the time you change them again. 8. Canada INGREDIENTS: liquid antacid INSTRUCTIONS: For a really bad diaper rash you just pour some on the diaper and it will clear up in a flash! 9. USA INGREDIENTS: 100% pure vaseline (the one in the jar not the tube) INSTRUCTIONS: Glub on plenty of vaseline on baby and diaper. This forms a waterproof layer between baby's skin and diaper.It works almost instantly. Stuffy Nose 10. Russia INGREDIENTS: one clove of garlic (or more if needed) or a piece of an onion little bit of honey a piece of an aloe plant (just the tip of a leaf thingie) INSTRUCTIONS: This is what my grandmother did for me when I had a stuffy nose. Grind up the garlic so the juice comes out, mix it up with honey and squeeze out a bit of the juice from the aloe plant into the mixture. Then soak two cotton balls in this and stick them up your nostrils... Maybe five or ten minutes? It works quite well. 11. Canada INGREDIENTS: Butter INSTRUCTIONS: When we were little kids and had a stuffy nose, my mom would rub butter on the upper bridge of our nose (between the eyes) before we retired for bed. For some reason it kept the airways open. We could breath at night and had a restful sleep. I have to this day used the butter method. It works. Nosebleed 12. India INGREDIENTS: Frehly sliced onion INSTRUCTIONS: This is a great home remedy from our age-old Ayurveda and it works every time. At the onset of a nose-bleed,make the person lie down with the head tilted back, slice a big chunk of onion and place it under the nose. The fumes from the raw onion act as a natural coagulant and the bleeding stops in a few seconds. 13. China INGREDIENTS: water INSTRUCTIONS: I suffered nosebleeds as a child. I had a particularly bad nosebleed that I couldn't stop. My Grandfather took a mouthful of water from a glass, pursed his lips and sprayed a fine layer of water into my face. He aimed for the bridge of my nose, but of course it went everywhere! I don't know if it was the shock of what he did, or if something else was at work but the nosebleed stopped as the water hit me. He told me it was an old Chinese remedy. It works. related post: *Home Remedies #1 |
"There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
Thursday Thirteen #7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




29 comments:
Those are some great remedies and considering I have a horrible cold I might just be trying one of them.
Great TT! Mine are up!
Oooo, interesting. I've heard of the diaper rash ones (and tried them ;)) but not the others.
As I was reading about the egg part, I wasn't sure if it's a diaper rash remedy or the diaper-rash-on strategy. :)
I'd have been really disperate to try this with my child #3.
i haven't tried many of them myself except for the vaseline, which works like a charm the minute i see any redness on the little guy's behind (or his folds), just a little vaseline and it's all better within hours! my mom told me that one.. great list! happy tt!!
Christie: my MIL told me about vaselline too. It does work.
Wow! What a cool list!
Thanks for stopping by.
That is definitely interesting... would not have seen some of those coming :) My Thursday Thirteen are up (first time to try this, though did a similar thing for Tuesdays... is it ok that it's not actually Thursday yet for me?)
Well, it's not Thursday for another half hour...but as soon as the sun sets...it's that kind of the next day already? :)
SUPER AWESOME list!
Those are very helpful tips, Soshana. Thanks for sharing! Try ko nga ang butter pag may bruise(s) si Ninev. She's into everywhere pa naman.
Love your header, you have a beautiful family! =)
Wow!! What a family!! I love your header too!! You have a lovely family!! I am so happy to have a new visitor at my site!! How did you get to my humble abode anyway? Thanks for stopping by. I love it when NEW people drop by..come back again soon!!
Also your list of cures..WOW!! That one for a cold is something because a new friend of mine just used it and she is fine now from her cold!! I was amazed when she told me but it must work...Thanks again and have a great day.Sandy
Mylanta works wonders on a rash! It keeps the acidic pee and poop off. My daughter's pediatrician told me about it.
Aquaphor is also awesome. Better than vaseline because it'll actually heal the rash too.
OH! Baby gas...
In one of those mesh baby feeders put in chopped onion that has been microwaved in sugar water. Let cool then give to baby to suck on. Not sure why, but it works!
Fortunately I don't own a pharmacy, because then I would get angry !!
Interesting...I've always heard "butter" references in home remedies as a joke, but it sounds like these might work!
I'm a blogger chick like you...I'll be back.
Lindsay: thank you!
Ligaya: So good to see you again! Ninev is beautiful. You must be so proud!
Flip Flop: Thank you, thank you! My header is from Airah. She did such a great job! So good to know some of these works! I like to write them down in my notebook. It's just nice to know about it.
Jennboree: I haven't tried Mylanta. I used Aquaphor a lot for my first son. He used it to keep the itch away from his allergies.
I have got to try this onion thing. I wish I knew this with my daughter. She gets the worst gas in all my kids!
Gattina: LOL. I just spent a lot of money at the Pharmacy. My DS1 maintains medicine. One of them is a 4-dollar pill he takes everyday. One of his at least 6 meds.
Sudiegirl: Thanks for stopping by! I sure hope you come back :) I'm going to visit you now.
Great TT! I learned a lot... in fact I only knew about the raw beef against bruises. I have to try the butter tonight... all of us have a stuffy nose
Happy TT from Germany,
S.
Excellent TT!
The garlic reminded me of one kind of embarrasing, but true, rememdy.
For a yeast infection - garlic - placed you know where.... supposebly cures them almost instantly and although it stings a little, takes away that horrible yeast inf. feeling.
I was a little shocked to learn about this one.
Sanni, I heard about raw beef...but I couldn't use it...I'd end up vegetarian!
Chrissie, thanks for sharing that. Hopefully Iwon't have a need for it...but good to know.
I know that garlic in the butt makes your temperature rise. My uncle who's quite old now, used to do this when he didn't want to go to school when he was young. LOL.
I'm never going to look at garlic the same again!!
Thanks for stopping by, happy TT!!
Tug...TMI. The abused garlic!
Those are great. I'll have to try some of them.
Omigosh, this is so cool! I'm going to try some of these! Thanks Shosh!! :)
so interesting...have you tried them all???
Hi there,Shoshana!Its been a while.
Your tips here are very educational,i could sense that youRe a good researcher :)
bout my template,ohh?i spent my whole evening with that,i was sooo entertained with lots of beautiful templates everywhere,but as you know,beta blogger is so complicating for this.
My template came from Zoot`s design,and their blogger templates now fit the old and new beta :)
I chose the simple one coz some people say my former template was hard to open. :)
i did lots of experimentations,whew!
A great list! Thank you for sharing! I think things like this are very interesting. I want to try the butter thing next time I get a bruise.
Ghee, it's good to know that zoot's template works with Beta.
I like zoots template, except that I messed it up a little and my cbox won't show at all.
Good stuff to know!
My 13 is up too :)
Post a Comment