Thanks for the Memories

My brother's family up north came down south and spent three days with us. It was quite a crowd for our Thanksgiving dinner. There were nine children and nine adults. My Mom was still at work when we went for our Thanksgiving Picnic.

My lovely SIL slaved for our dinner. Alright! She went to Boston Market and ordered the whole dinner there. I was moping up spilled juices. Besides, not much cooking for me this year. My baby decides that it's not on my schedule. He wants to be held all the time. And only by me!

It was certainly fun to live with 8 children in one house. I think I could have handled my planned 10 children. There were 3 two year olds, and two under one-year old. What lovely time we have!

There were three sets of parents, a great Grandma of my SIL, and my Little Brother2 for our outing. If all my mother's children are here, it would have been a much bigger crowd. Some day!

We even manage to have our Thanksgiving TV show. America's Top Model, CSI-Miami, CSI and Grey's Anatomy. That was the first time I saw AMT. I think Tyra's channeling Oprah. No comment there...but somebody should fire her make-up artist. Is it just me? Or that's the in thing these days? I haven't glob on make-up in ages, excepting that wedding I went to, so I wouldn't know. I am not the make-up everyday kind of girl.

I'm more like the wash and moisturize and lip gloss, too. That's all.

I would like to have Thanksgiving Picnic as tradition. It's fun. The kids have fun, and we get to burn some calories chasing after the kids after dinner. I have a feeling that the weather won't always cooperate with me. I am thankful for families. They're the best ones to have around.

I hope everyone has as much fun Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Airah said...

thanksgiving. i've heard of that, but we don't really have that here.

"My brother's family up north came down south and spent three days with us. It was quite a crowd for our Thanksgiving dinner."

awww.. that's soo sweet. for me, crowded means fun. esp. during outings, if the van isn't crowded enough, i know i won't have a great time. but if it is, then i'm like man, this is THE outing!!

when my youngest bro was just a baby, my mom couldn't get around doing something. it was always him. hehe.. but then it's pretty understandable coz babies need the affection they deserved.

i'm not much into kids 2 y/o or more.. during sembreak, i sometimes go to my aunt's house (just in front of our home) & took care of her 1 y/o baby.. that's my fave age in terms of kids.. coz it's the time when they could walk and say words you can't comprehend & yet, you think that the baby looks cute just the same. =P

i love america's top model but i don't like tyra that much. Maybe if she would stop being insecure that she's only the 2nd top black supermodel, then I'll choose her over naomi.

hmmm... i love make-up. that is if we're talking about make-up that should only consists of The Body Shop lip & cheek stain, eyeliner and concealer. hehe.. you won't find any mascara, eyeshadow, etc in my kikay kit. i don't think that's necessary.

miss, don't you think lip gloss becomes sticky sometimes? oh, i'm talking about the liquid ones. And about the lip gloss in pots, i don't like it, sometimes, instead of leaving your lips shiny, after many minutes it creates dry lip cracks or something.

anyway...

"To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude."
-Albert Schweitzer

have a nice day! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

Girlie said...

Hi Airah, I know what you mean about lip gloss getting sticky. I don't like those kind. It seems like anything other the Chapstick and Blistex don't make it right.

My little sister gave me a few made my different brands, Estee, Clinique, Bobbie Brown, etc...and they end up like fly catcher, except it catches dust. Yuck! On the lip glosses I mean, not on my little sister who's uber generous with me.

Can't do mascara. It glues my eyelashes together! I do love how I look afteR I put on some make-up, but the thought of having to take it off again...well, it's tiring.

I've calculated it at some point. Putting on make-up with foundation is at least 15 minutes, taking it off is at least another 15 minutes.

That's like half and hour each day. For a 6-day-make-up week, that's 3 hours.

If I have 3 extra hours, I'll spend it reading or having to do with reading. Maybe, some day, when my kids are grown, I'll wear more make-up. It's seems like such a fun girly thing to do.

Love your qoute on Schweitzer. He's one cook Dude. :P

Anonymous said...

Wow! 9 children and 9 adults. That must be chaos, but happy and fun at the same time.

Belated happy Thanksgiving. We already had ours here in Canada last month. :)

Girlie said...

Niceheart, I didn't know that Canada have Thanksgiving a month early. I wonder why. If we have it a month early, we'll always be guaranteed a nice enough weather to have a Thanksgiving picnic dinner!

Girlie said...

Momsquared, we have so much fun! Thanks for slaving away for the food.

Did you see the pictures? I'm trying to upload the video from the swings. I think it was nice.

Girlie said...

It's under November get2gether. I better check. I was really sleepy when I was uploading the picnic pictures, I won't be surprised at all to find out I've somebody else's picnic pictures.

That would be impossible as I have only one camera. OK, will re-send invite.

Girlie said...

I forgot to say, Airah is really nice. Can you believe she's a teenager? Precocious that one.

Girlie said...

Did you see a picture invite? It should have been followed by the whole album invite. If you're seeing a picture with Great Grandma, then it's the correct album.