Slaving Away

Slaving away sounds attractive right now. A better prospect, if you can believe it. I haven't done this type of work in a long, long while. Eight years ago, this would be a normal thing. An excel-full of numbers, playing with it, sorting it, nothing but numbers, all 4 hours of staring at numbers, redoing mistakes, but still all about numbers. What's more, pulling conclusions and intelligent-sounding meaning out of the numbers.

Anyone remember Chemistry lab? What about Quantitative Chemistry lab? Physical chemistry? Any science lab? Excepting Physics, because they don't seem to require as many numbers in General Physics. What about accounting?

There you go. If you can remember that, you can understand why I have to take a break. Why it's very necessary to take a break. I need chocolate, a good book, a hammock, and a beach resort. I need those to recover.

After this post, there's probably another hour or two of numbers, then hopefully, I haven't butchered this so bad.

Ok, back to numbers now. It's not going to get done by itself, and I'm OCD enough to not want to go to sleep until I'm done. The best part is, I have a date with a really good book when I'm through.

4 comments:

Girlie said...

That's a misnomer. I haven't seen a brief "Brief" before. Not that I'd seen plenty.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Book is a good idea my friend,I try counting sheep (Joke)He!He!He!.
Thanks for sharing.
All the best my friend

Anonymous said...

You lost me at "Anyone remember Chem Lab..." LOL I blocked that time of my life out of my head. I'm not a math chick (well, I once was then had evil math instructor who sucked the love out of me).

Aside from that, I hope you got a break! That slaving away with numbers just doesn't sound fun. My hubby would love it though, I leave it to him.

Girlie said...

Zingtrial, I save the sheep counting for when I wasn't planning to sleep anyone. I worry if I am counting them correctly,I get bogged down on details, and end up NOT getting any sleep.

Vixen, a person who loves numbers?! Wish I could be one. I deal with it because I need to, but it's not that fun all the time.

I know a thing or two about evil intructors who suck the love of anything out of you! It's criminal.