Too Much Sleep!

I am hardly allergic to anything.

I react to eggplant and too much water on my hands. My fingertips would itch then peel. I avoid eggplants if I can help it, and I wore gloves when I wash the dishes. I have dishwasher, but I do not like to use it. Maybe if I go back to entertaining on Friday nights again and use "real" silverwares and plates I will, but probably not even then.


Allergy: we define allergy as being an altered state or response by the body to any substance.
I do not use this term lightly. I have a son that's truly allergic to a lot of things. Allergic as in ingesting some substance will kill him in less than 5 minutes, maybe even less. That allergic to it.

Anyway, I am starting to suspect that I might be allergic to more than 5 hours of sleep. Especially if it's more than 4 consecutive days. You're probably thinking 'Shoshana's gone batty!'

I might, but I have noticed, ever since I could remember that if I sleep a good 7 hours or more each day, after the 5th day, I would get dizzy. Dizzy as in the walls spin, my stomach heaves, my mouth gushes saliva, and walking is nigh impossible.

This would happen every single time I get really good sleep. I noticed it happening when I was in elementary school, right about the same time I noticed I have gray hairs. I noticed it in College, and I am noticing it now, post school days.

I wouldn't always wake up dizzy, but it would come. Today it did.

After I dropped my kids off to their schools [it's my turn to do my 1-day-a-week-carpool], I went to a Wal-Mart to pick up some pictures. While I was there, I was looking at digital cameras, and came close to buying this Pentax 6MP for less than 150. It was tiny, which is a requirement. I have this tiny purse right now which my Lil Sis gave me. It looks like this one below, except in black. That's why I want a matching camera which can fit. Let's not tell my husband about that part of it. I'm just telling him I need a camera. Not that he cares, but it sound so "girlish" to get a camera to match a bag.



I was waiting for this nice lady to give me the box, when I start to get this clammy feeling on my head. Oh boy! I had forgotten that I've been getting over 5 hours of sleep since last week, and I'm finally getting my rewards.

I hobble my way out of the store, sat in my car, leaning forward waiting for the dizziness to pass away. Of course I don't have my cell-fon because we're down to one [we keep losing them], and hoped like hell it would go away soon. I meant the dizziness. The cell phones all gone!

My dizziness eased up enough for me to drive home. I'm still dizzy, but at least I am home. I am well enough to type this, so how dizzy can I be?

Next up...optometrist appointment.

3 comments:

Dave Morris said...

I'm too blind to drive to the optometrist... :(

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard anyone getting dizzy by getting enough sleep. You're probably right. Maybe you just need new glasses.

That's a pretty cool camera.

Anonymous said...

About dizziness by way of sleeping too much...I think this is the part when my DH would try to pat my head.

He's always amazed everytime how I come to things...me being a Biochemist and all. :P