![]() |
Things I love being a mother of five in no particular order. I am incredibly lucky. 1. Getting to hold each baby in my arms minutes after they're born, and carrying them all around until they're ready to jump out of my arms crawling to somewhere else. I just love holding my babies. I hold them more than 2/3s of time until they're squiggly. 2. The smell of babies, diapers and all. Although I should note that diapers smell only before they get any wheat. After wheat, gag! 3. The adventures of toilet training...I think this merits a whole post of its own someday. 4. The joy of watching them grow out of baby-hood into a toddlerhood into young people-hood. 5. Having DH enjoy the milestone along the way with me, and watch them when I go have my "Mommy-time" 6. Getting hugs from my babies, and sloppy, wet kisses, sticky kisses, and the "I love yous. DS3 says "I you too!" in his sweetest voice imaginable. 7. Watching them get along so well, playing together. 8. Being amazed how each and every single one are nothing alike yet similar to each other. 9. The sense of humor we've cultivated. My favorite is upon leaving the store, one would say Where's Billy?then walking right off. 10. Art day is always a blast! My daughter and DS1 plays the piano so I can sit and relax and read while they play. 11. Bedtime is never boring...though I could use boring once in a while. 12. Watching my kids get my love for reading. Captain Underpants, Pokemon, Unicorns...those are a good start. 13. Finding something new each day to love being a Mom. Also known today as-- running after a naked 7-month old baby head-bent towards escape. |
"There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child."
-- Henry Ward Beecher
Thursday Thirteen #6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

30 comments:
I love the smell of babies fresh out of the bath.. all baby-powdered and fresh :)
I wish one day God will bless me with some children, too :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Gabrielle, I hope so too!
Amy, you must be so excited! Yes, motherhood is fun. I hope your little one comes home soon.
Being a mom is the BEST. I can't imagine having five kids, though. Kudos!!
Haley-o, five kids is great! It has it's moments, but it's fantabulous!
aw, that sounds so adorable. but i bet my mom would make a thirteen things i hate about being a mom of teens right now. :)
My number 4 is on the way anyday now...Via airplane, that is! Diapers are slowly working back into my memory...
Hi,Glad you are having fun my friend,but still it takes a lot to look after five kids, you doing a great job He!He!He!.
Wish you well
Those are great memories! I enjoyed the baby stage very much too!
Being a Mom is the greatest! Having 5 kids is a huge task but I can see that you're doing very good at handling them :) They're very lucky!
Happy Thursday!
ah...the smell of babies. it's amazing!
I wish I knew what it was like to be a mom, but alas, it's not gonna happen!
mine was the anonymous comment above about the baby smell...blogger was being superbitch.
I am not a mom... yet, but have been around babies and children all my life. You're very lucky to be blessed with so many wonderful children!
Everything about babies are wonderful. Something new every day!
Thanks for stopping by.
That is the sweetest list! I'm so happy that you appreciate being a mom.
Thanks for dropping by my list.
I have a 9 years old. It's so easy to forget all the wonderful things she did along the way.
I always thought I'd remember them, but I don't think I can remember even half of it.
So, I am starting to write it all down for me to read later on.
Ali, it's ok.
At least blogger actually kept my post this time. Last Saturday was a bitch.
This one took gazillion times to publish before it would take!
Great list! No babies of my own...but as you saw on my blog, I get to spoil everyone elses.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy TT!
Wow, that sums up how I feel, except I only have two (and thus no issues when we leave stores!! That was my favorite!).
Very nice TT. Thanks!
cute list! sounds like you have such a fun family. i used to think i just wanted 2, but now that we have one, i don't want just one more, i want a few more! haha. i love baby smells too, even the spitup doesn't bother me, is that bad? (i'm out having mommy time at starbucks right now) happpy tt!!
Kudos for this beautiful TT full of love! You´re so right... we got one mini (6 month old Mr L) round here. Pure joy! Hopefully he get´s some little brothers or sisters or both someday. Me? I can´t wait, but I´m not allowed to get pregnant at present due to last pregnancy´s heavy gestosis :(
Five would be fun (OK, six... so we can leave one in the grocery *geehee*)
As to #12....just wait until your 10 year old comes to tell you that you should read The Outsiders (which you read and re-read obsessively as a 12 year old) or when you can actually see a movie that YOU want to see with your 13 year old.
Great list....I'm looking forward to starting a family sometime next year.
~Jen
Great list! Even though I come from the other side of the plate as a Dad, I can very much relate to what you've got here... particularly #s 8, 9, 11 & 12.
My daughter does this spot-on Howie Mandel "Deal or No Deal" impression that brings us to tears everytime, and my son has the most infectious laughter I've ever heard...! :)
I wanted to have a child here. I also like the smell of the babies and watching them laugh makes my heart melt
Wait...wait...wait...
Did you just claim to love the smell of diapers?
You sick bastard. ;)
Steve~
Uh Steve...I did say diapers before they eat anything but breastmilk. Otherwise, it's really yucky.
I think I did say that, didn't I?
Sounds like one adventure after another! Thanks for stopping by my TT!
Post a Comment