All About Kids and a Movie


I am really proud of my children. The older kids can walk 4-6 miles without much effort. I think that's quite awesome.

My DS1 thought he couldn't memorize his Sonatina Piece in time for the recital in 8 weeks. This week, he had all the notes down pat. He's working on the artistic version of the piece now. Give it a few more months, and my baby will play much better piano music than I could.

I just had to brag about my darling daughter, the hero from last Saturday, who aced her TAKS test too. I couldn't be more proud of my little darling. We're going out on a date, just us girls one day this week soon. We're sorely outnumbered in this male-dominated household of ours.

Okay, DH and I are off to see a movie. We had a date last Thursday and we're dating again today. It's fun!


****After the Movie****
DH and I went to see Shooter with Mark Wahlberg on it. Usually, mark does nothing for me. I enjoyed this movie. I think I have seen all his movies since 1999 except for The Rock Star...but I think I might have seen that too, I just don't remember.

I think he's been working out. He's bulky, and there are moments when he's really sexy. Of course, he's got nothing on Gerard Butler. Let's have a quiet moment here and ogle a perfect specimen of a man. These Bitches here have a much better collection of pictures to enjoy. I am not being rude. That's what they are, The Book Bitches. They got so much eye-candy on that site you could go blind happily looking.

Sexy or not, Wahlberg did well on this movie. On the back of my mind, I was so grateful it wasn't like that movie The Marine which DH and I saw last year because we always go out to see a movie and there was nothing on except that one. It was like watching day-time soap. It is very Days-of-Our-Lives like.

2 comments:

House Dad said...

I love the way you praise your wee ones and are so proud of them. When I'm out and about, I often see parents verbally running their wee ones down and think that it must hurt them so much and damage them. Like you, we praise and encourage and just ADORE Jarvs and V 2.0. It's gotta make for a more confident and well adjusted little person don't you think?
Mark Wahlberg is a fine actor eh. Might go see that movei too.

Lee

PhilippinesPhil said...

I like Marky Mark too, but I usually end up hating military oriented movies, usually because they are so far from reality. Want to see a military movie close to the real thing? It's "We Were Soldiers Once, and Young" with Mel Gibson. They nailed that one.