Fabulous, Darling!

It seems anti-climactic for me to proclaim right off that I had an outstanding evening. I did. My husband took me out to dinner and then a movie. I had a beautiful morning and afternoon too. I get such a kick watching my 11 months successfully whisking off his diapers. DS4 was so happy go be allowed to go nekkid for a whole 2 hours. He peed twice on my floor, and went right on walking with whatever business he's got going. I can't believe he's going to be one year old in less than two weeks!

DS3 kept complaining to me that DS4 was nekkid. Ha! As if he had never done it when he was a whole lot younger! I played online Backgammon too. I am so ashamed to admit that a day hasn't passed by in which I didn't sneak in a game or two or twenty. What's to become of me now that I am thoroughly corrupt?

I used to be vice-free except for my infernal obsession with books. However, the almost-death experience with the last L&D glued me to the tubes. I used to pretend to sit with my husband while he watches TV. I would read my books or knit or crochet. Now, I am well-versed in shows such as House, M.D., Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, CSI, CSI Miami, Gilmore Girls…and I should really stop listing. All those times I spent watching TV when I could have been catching up on all those wonderful books I've yet to read and re-read!

Then at 10PM, we shanghaied my Mama and lit out of the house so fast, I think I skipped in my 3-inch heels. I will have to think of something nice for my mother. I have such a wonderful mother that my own daughter made me promise that I'll be the kind of Lola that my mother is to her. DH and I haven't been out to a movie in days! The last movie we saw was a fantastic contrast for Music and Lyrics. That was a love-story-musical while Frank Miller's 300 is blood-bath-epic full of luscious naked men. I am sorry if I don't get the history of it all. That is just too much to ask when...didn't I just mention naked men? Yeah, yeah, they're wearing leather undies...but really, they're naked and caped! OMG, what's with caped-underwear-clod men? Superman Return for example.


Let me just say that this movie? Ripped and nippled (is there such a word?)! I kid you not. For a second there, I thought they might be wearing a nipple extender. The oracle did a wonderful, seductive, demon-possession dance. My skin crawled when that gross-looking old man put his lips on her skin. Yikes. I sure hope he's lovely underneath those fugly make-ups.

Is it just me was Xerxes gay? I mean, I know they can switch back and forth, silahis, we call it in my dialect, in that time period. Wasn't that why it was so hilarious in Saturday Night Live when they made that joke about the "sea men entering the rear" skit?. I just have a feeling that Xerxes might be far from effete. If he'd won that many battle and commanded that many men. What's with Alexander the movie played by Colin Farrel guy? They're all slightly build, very womanish-man. I'd have thought someone that powerful would be manly and strong. No offense to my gay readers ok? We're just talking build here of some of most powerful men in the army.

Frank Miller's Sin City was one of its kind, and this was too. I thought that it wasn't well-done of him to shroud the whole film dark like that because it gets it the way of my ogling. Honestly, I cannot see a pot-bellied man in there. Surreal!

I think this one is NOT to be missed if only to ogle Gerard Butler. What else can I say, except that man is beautiful naked!
OK, I have to go to Netflix now and rent all other Gerard Butler movies. I mean, seriously, no one can expect me to do anything less.

7 comments:

albjornstad said...

Hei Shoshana,
I suddenly felt guilty not reading enough as I used to when I read your post. These months (probably years) I have been so attached to the digital and electronic world.

Anyway, I would like to watch Alexander the movie. Hopefully, I would be able to squeeze it in my schedule. Need to relax :)

Anonymous said...

You should get of the Phantom of the Opera. At first I didnt realise that it was him playing the phantom.

I think he also played as Dracula too. He was sooo sexy there!

louann said...

Hmmmm, so 300 is on my 'must-see' movie list now haha.
i like what your daughter said about you having to be like her lola. i think that is so sweet. she must love her lola very much.
it is sad though that my children will never meet their lola (my mom) and their 2 lolo's (my dad and father in law).

Girlie said...

This is from Shoshana's husband, Shoshana is asleep right now with two bambinos...

I didn't think she would enjoy the movie, it was a lot of action. She sure found out who played the king awful fast, that 'Gerard Butler.' Hmmm. Must be his 'thesbian' abilities.

Oh.

On the other hand, I probably should intimate that he's gay...

Janean said...

That picture from the film was JUST to DIE for. Droooooollling!
:D It's awesome you had a good night out with your hubby. With 5 kiddos...That's a RARITY. :D

Here from CHBM Carnival.

Kel said...

as soon as I found out that Gerald Butler played the lead...I was so there.

I really enjoyed the movie, much more than I thought. Seeing them semi nude helped a lot too. LOL I almost want to see it again...sigh.

I definately recommed phantom of the opera, Dear Frankie was pretty good too. I didn't like Beowulf & Grendel so much...it was kinda out there-even for a movie like that.

Unknown said...

I like ogling Gerard Butler as much as the next gal, but I will have to wait for the movie on TNT before I see it. Not really my cup of tea.

House, MD IS my cup of tea!! :-)