Same Old Song

One thing I love and hate about Spring Break - no school. It's been a good week so far. Last Monday, we took the kids walking. We finished our 5.5 miles walk. Tuesday was unfortunate for my babies. I had the need to clean and fold my linen/towel closet. That took all day because in between, I had to play backgammon and read book, and watch the last DVD of Gilmore Girls season 5. I can't believe my local library hasn't bought the season 6 DVD. I know I've paid enough fines to pay for two seasons of DVD. There's Netflix, but waiting is not as much fun as stalking the library and growling at any unfortunate soul coming near my DVDs. Okay, the library owns it, but I had marked the area as my territory.

Wednesday was cleaning up, and a plan to go shopping for food. We have food, but DS1 ran out of his food. His food is different and separate. He's gotten so allergic to wheat, we had to use his rescue medicine because of my boiling pasta. I have decided to start a list of things I need to tell his wife someday. It starts with food and what she could cook/bake when DS1 is around. I get really antsy when he's coughing and wheezing. His attack is not as often now that I have been careful when to cook and bake wheat products.

I still cry when I think about the time he asked me why G-d made him so allergic to a whole lot of things. What did he do that was wrong to be punished this way? What can I tell him? If I were an Agnostic Atheist, I could start an argument with him about the existence of G-d. I feel so helpless otherwise. Even the bribery of money and books gets old with the overwhelming amount of pizza and cake and bread and cheese. What can I really say?

He's not completely without fun because he could still eat Boston Market's roasted chicken. Only that! We went out last Wednesday and he ate the chicken and I get his "sides". We went to the library and got load of books and video tapes. I figure, if they couldn't watch TV on vacations, when can they? School season means a land free of TV.

We shopped at Toys R Us. I have this Toys R Us visa card which I used for business. Even 1% can accumulate enough gift cards to buy tons of diapers, Pokemon Cards, train tracks, and tent. My daughter proudly announced to all other shoppers how we have over 200$ total and we didn't have to pay a single penny! I happen to have enough gift cards for the bill. I guess I need to check my notes and pencil in money talk along with Birds and Bees.

Thursday...that's for another day. I think I need to sleep now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ship Ahoy! Time for some heavy seightseeing of Stockholm! All man on deck!

PhilippinesPhil said...

5.5 miles!? Yes, you certainly do need to get some sleep. You put me to shame these days. Keep on trucking.

Girlie said...

I was actually loosing sleep with online backgammon. Drat!

Girlie said...

Thank you SA...I had fun redoing it...it's my online equivalent of re-arranging my furniture.