Show Me The Finger!

I believe I am a pretty good driver. I am extra careful when I drive with all of us in the car. Not neurotic-jumpy-careful, but I don't take chances on busy intersection. I sing inside my head a song I learned in first grade about crossing a street, or in my case, making a right or left turn.
Peep, peep, a small Jeep is coming down the street.
Stop, look and listen
Stop, look and listen
Peep, peep, a small Jeep is coming down the street.
Lunch time last Friday was certainly very busy and there were tons of cars. It gets annoying when you're in front of the line and the car behind you starts honking their horn as if they have suddenly gone blind and cannot see the same traffic I am seeing.

Last Friday, I was in that unfortunate situation. It was just awful that the car behind me was filled with teenagers in a red sports convertible, and they were impatient to go. Not even on my best day of impersonating a race-car driver would I have been able to find and opening big enough for me to jump in and go. I was stuck.

This car behind me just kept on honking their horn, waking up DS4's nap, and scaring the hell out of my DS3. I was getting very upset, so was DH. My foot was twitching on my pedals...I was so close to backing up my car to their cute car.

I thought about getting out of my car and breaking their window, then their necks, however, the thought of going to jail for assault, and the fact that they probably wouldn't let me breastfeed in there stopped me. I would have shot them the finger, but it doesn't seem satisfying enough. I wanted to knock their heads.

My windows weren't that dark that you couldn't see two little babies sleeping in my car. These scums were just too much. I was just thinking that it is really alright that some parents raise their kids to a sense of entitlement, that everything they want and wish can be theirs if they are loud enough. I am fine with that.

However, when I start meeting them on the street and they start bugging me, I wanted to punish their parents too. I mean, if they had only raised their children correctly, then maybe they'll save their honking to situations which warrants it. Not forcing some van filled with kids to go into impossible traffic and take their chances.

I was proud that I didn't do what I wanted to do in the moment of passion. It would have been ugly. I stayed out of it. SERENITY NOW!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Im proud of you as well. I dont know how I would have reacted..I would have been so mad

Anonymous said...

impulsive teenagers!they were really annoying..

ok,calm down now,Shoshana :)

sorry,late na ako dahil im busy nowadays,Shosh.

have a great week!

Girlie said...

Amy, thank you. It's so hard to calm down sometimes, and days later, I'm still bothered about it.

Ghee, it happens. I'll probably get busy with tax season coming up. I am so glad you made time to stop by anyway.

Girlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
louann said...

good for you. it really is hard to control oneself especially when you know that you are right. but anyhow, good job!
and you know what? i know that "peep peep the small jeep" song too!!!!!

Jan said...

Hope that those teenagers have their own kids once and then they will realize something about their own stupidity. What comes around goes around. Unfortunatelly, they are likely to raise their children the same “loud enough“ way.

Anonymous said...

It's terrible that you had to go through that and i know how awful it is to have a young child rudely awoken & scared like that in the car!

I don't know if this will help, but maybe you could consider using a bumper sticker on the back of your car? We have little yellow warning-style signs here, which you can post onto the back window of your car that say "Baby On Board". They're usually sold at the places where you buy the baby safety seats for the car ;)