Happy Birthday DS4!

Time Well Spent

See tiny fingers and tiny toes,
Bright baby eyes, cute baby nose;
Hear baby gurgles and baby sighs,
As Mom and Dad sing lullabies.

Life is changed, but that's okay;
It's fun to spend glad hours each day,
Taking time for all the good
That comes along with parenthood.

By Joanna Fuchs

This is my five days old DS4.

I can hardly believe it but DS4 is now one year old. It seems so long ago when I was trying to talk my doctor into having my baby already. I came in for a flu check-up two weeks before he was due, and I stayed to give birth to DS4. My liver's fine now. After I had my baby, I had a liver equivalent to those of a drunkards. Bummer. I haven't even gotten to a gallon's worth alcohol in my lifetime. I closed shop on baby making business.

Here he is at 18 days old.

DS4 loves to laugh. His favorite food is carrots, and he prefers to have it steamed or cooked with meatballs. You can hear him relishing his food! About 6 weeks ago, he stopped eating jarred food. I think it might have been the burnt green beans that did it. Whatever the reason, he doesn't like bottled food anymore. He's still breastfeeding.

Driving at age 6 months?


I am almost dreading the time when he's weaned himself. Five children and I have yet to wean a child. I ran out of milk right around now. I am hoping this time, breastfeeding will last longer because I haven't gone to the gym yet. I believe, and doctors may think it's nuts, that when I exercise via running/jogging my milk will just stop.

Yoash is now more independent. Today, he ventured on his own to a slide and stayed out of my hugging distance for almost half an hour. I missed the tiny baby who sleeps so peacefully in my arms. Now, he's got a repertoire of grunting vocabularies. I find it amazing that he could communicate what he needs all without words. We're teaching him sign language and I think he's signing for "more," "eat," and "give me."

In another twelve hours he'll be one year old. Where have all the time gone? He's our last baby, and we're enjoying every second of it.

Happy birthday little boy, may you have a long and wonderful life.

8 comments:

Sanna said...

Happy Birthday to your darling baby boy. (Not a baby anymore, I guess.) Hope you and your family are having a nice day!

Love, Sanna

Blog said...

He's so adorable!!! Happy Birthday, little guy! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your son! He is so cute! I hope he had a great day!

Anonymous said...

awwww,hes soooo cute!!happy bday to him!!

kakamiss ang babies,malalaki na ang babies ko :)enjoy him!! :)

Patti said...

What a beauty!

BeeJay said...

Oh my gosh what a CUTIE !
Yeah, time goes fast, soon he'll be off to uni / college

BeeJay said...

Oh, I forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ur baby :D

tina said...

this might be late but nevertheless HAppy Birthday!