Where's the Picture?

DS2 with a maskI have realized that I had gone quite camera crazy, click-insane or whatever these people are called. Today, I had taken no picture. Not even with my handy-dandy camera phone. Btw, talking about camera phone, I washed my husbands. It was in his pants pocket, and I was up-to-date on the laundry to his misfortune. Will a camera work again if it's been in a washing machine cycle? It didn't make it to the dryer like my husband's old phone. What is it with my and phone and washing machine? I swear, I am not mad at my husband. He's the best.

We're practically done with our front yard project. I am happy to say that it's turning out quite great. I think I am going to do my backyard next and then my walkways. I was dreading working with my dear neighbor. I thought all old people (she's nearly 80 and so active!) will be crotchety and "your-way-or-the-highway" type. She's not. We got along so well on our shopping trip. She helped schlep my two little babies from home improvement store to the next.

I got my lava stones in red, my blush walkways, the plants I like and it's so satisfying to have it all come together like that. I have discovered that top soil really just mean animal shit. They are what's good for the plants. I am so glad to colored mulch because they look absolutely pretty and covered the stinky top soil. Yuck. I touch it. I had to wash my hands for half-an-hour after because as healthy as top soil is, it's still shit.

I was in my happy place today. Not so last night. I felt to hemmed in. I almost went to sleep in my bathroom to get a private space that's unreachable by invaders. I am glad to say that I think that exciting is almost over I think. I really hope so. I didn't know I am such a Republican* when it comes to change.

*Aren't they the grand old party and all that? Unless I have mistaken the concept...then please feel free to elucidate.

6 comments:

Angelo said...

Wow that must be so nice to be able to do work out in the yard already! I can't wait for spring to hit fully. Although I was able to transplant a peach tree in the middle of December... that was pretty weird. Of course winter finally hit with a vengance, but it looks like the worst is over now! Enjoy the warmer weather!

Anonymous said...

Angelo, isn't it a bit frozen in December? I remember trying to add border to my yard in December. Man, my hands were frozen watching my brother do it. I mean, these old 70's single-pane window can really get cold!

I told my husband about your peach tree, and he said "is that Jesus and the Fig?"

ev said...

I enjoy working on the yard...i love to sweep during my spare time..sadly, i have very little coz i am often out...marumi na nga yard namin eh..ewww!

i love to take pix too!

nice one here shan!

happy weekend!take care..

Anonymous said...

SA, that is a neat tag indeed! I saw it...I think I will tag myself and have a nice time with it. I used to listen to music a lot when I was a kid. My father has a huge collection.

Anonymous said...

Mark 11:14 Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."

My husband is wondering if that is what you have in mind of that transplanted peach tree?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ev, I kind of cheated on my yard thing. I should maybe have mentioned that a nice man from Honduras was making the yard while I politely order him about....ok, I didn't order. I just kind of let him see my vision.