Because of Blogging

Niceheart tagged me with this one. She asked me about the five things that happened to me because of blogging:

1. I've learned to play tag. I find myself enjoying it. I've done at least three, I think. Maybe more. I never joined this game in real life when I was in grade school. I have a natural aversion to being chase, and then infected, and must then spread that infection. It also involves running. It's why I do not play tennis. It demands that I run and chase a ball. I'll run, fine! But don't make me chase a ball and run at the same time. There's just something inherently wrong with that. My husband is really great at it though. Oh crap! I must now apologize to my mother for wasting her money on tennis lessons which I've never learned.

2. List.
I'm a compulsive list-maker, but have no staying power. With blogging, I've learned to list and keep at it. That's how I found out that in my slow year, I still read and finished 63 books. That's some addiction eh?

3. E-friends
I've virtually met a few e-friends. Sometimes they're the best kind because they can lend you their ears and sympathy, and more often, that's all that's needed to get us on our way. I don't have to dress up and put on make-up to come and chat. I mean, lets face it. A mother of five, and breastfeeding a baby with a home business to boot...I got plenty on my plate. My e-friend still talks with me even as I smell of dried up milk and have yet to expend extra energy to make it to shower.

4. Expressions
I can rant and whine and then feel better. Blogging for me is very much like picking up that Karaoke microphone and singing in front of the party. I wouldn't do it at all, except that no one have to look at my face as I blush my way to too-much-information after another. It's cathartic. I believe I am a better Mom for expressing myself, but not in anger, and not at my loved ones. I can brag about my kids through pictures. I can do it anytime I want.

5. Multi-tasking. Ambidexterity.
I've honed my special talents. Really. Have you look at my 2006 list? I've managed to do all that, grow 5 kids, make a meal here and there, keep a relatively neat house, especially my floors. I just cannot walk in my socks on a dirty floor. It will be like breathing through my mouth in autopsy class. No. Way! And let all that rotting flesh smell go through my body unfiltered? Not that dirty floors are ever as bad as rotting flesh smell (cadaverene and putrescine). I'm just saying that for me...blech. Evidence showed (though heresy) that I've always have this tendency. Now, the question is, with that many ball in the air, which one dropped?

Now, that is the question that's hanging in the air like a dead skunk. I'd tag somebody, but I cannot think right now. Give me a break, it's two AM and I have 4 days to mail out my W2s and 1099s.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are one of a kind,you know?
nag aalaga ka ng mga kids mo,and your house is proper then nakakapagblog ka pa :)

keep it up!
haha!hate mo talaga ang karaoke huh?

Anonymous said...

yong pag bblog kasama na nga sa daily routine noh? hehhehe

happy sa inyong tanan dinaha gurl, kisses sa mga kisod

Anonymous said...

Are you nursing in that picture while blogging? Talk about multi-tasking eh? And you still manage to read a lot too. You are a supermom. I don't know how you do it but hats off to you.

Girlie said...

Hi Niceheart...yeah. LOL. It's a hard-earned negotiation you know because this baby doesn't like me to do anything while feeding him except to gaze at his face.

Anonymous said...

I think that blogging can be a wonderful platform. Because of my blog I was able to help one student on her school assignment regarding internet safety. I was able to assist KINSA who is Dedicated to eliminating the online sexual exploitation of children and youth. One of the people on the board found my blog through Google. I'm glad that you have found blogging to be rewarding.