Thursday Thirteen #11


Thirteen things about WD-40.* I know I can't live without for too long.

"Its name comes from the project that was to find a "water displacement" compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. " Well, no matter if it's true or an urban legend, it's quite helpful to me.

1) Protects silver from tarnishing.

2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.

3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.

4) Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making it slippery.

5) Keeps flies off cows.

6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.

7) Removes lipstick stains.

8) Loosens stubborn zippers.

9) Untangles jewelry chains.

10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.

11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.

12) Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.

13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants



*Part 1 of 3. Stand by for more on WD-40.

11 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

We used it on our ice skates, too. Kept the blades from rusting.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

WD-40 and duct tape: instant MacGuyver, just add hockey hair!! :D

Raggedy said...

Great list.
We have cans in the garage and in the house..handy stuff
My TT is up 2
Have a great Thursday!

Scribbit said...

I am bookmarking this one, what a useful list. I love stuff like this.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I never thought of where the name came from, always thought it was an odd name :) Great list, gonna have to remember these, gonna go look for a cow now and try it out. Happy T13!

Lisa said...

You learn something new every day!!

Anonymous said...

I never knew you could us WD 40 for all this stuff. Wow!
and my husband just thinks duct tape is the greatest!

Great list.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I'll have to remember that for next time I have to de-fly my cow.

Happy TT

Jennboree said...

Seriously? Cool.

Have revise the "If duct tape and WD-40 don't fix it, nothin will" yeeehaw.

Teena in Toronto said...

Good stuff to know!

Mine's up too :)

JO said...

i've heard of this product but have never tried it.