Gush and Blah

Over a year ago, I bought a very pricey rice cooker. I fell in love with it so much, my mother and my brother bought one each based on my manic reaction. There are so many good things about this rice cooker.

First of all, thanks to the Japanese. Really. I know they butchered a lot of my people (Filipinos) during World War 2, and they're so inventive with their punishments with things like slicing off the sole of the feet and making you walk on salt. I know that my life will never be the same again when Uncle Juan was all broken up after being put on fire inside a barrel. It's simply horrific to hear him scream, and I won't even mention his scars. I'm never going to find out if Auntie Maria could have been nicer before her husband's head rolled to her feet, eyes wide open. But Japanese sure know rice cooker.

Zojirushi ZNH-VBC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer with Induction Heating System rice cooker is the Lambo or Porsche of rice cookers*. Buy it and you'll never have to deal with soggy rice, petrified rice, burnt rice, or even tossing half the rice you made because it took you longer to get to it. This rice cooker will keep your rice fresh for up to 7 days.

I kid you not. This is so worth the purchase price. It makes awesome brown rice, which I heard is healthy for you. However, in this household, we have mild aversion to things healthy which contains brown. So, we've tried that a few times, and it's great. WE just really like our white rice better. So, what are you waiting for? It's really worth the investment*.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have adopted a philosophy of not saying anything bad (if I can absolutely help it) about things I watch or read. But really, this book is just pushing all my boundaries of control. I am such a dork. I love this author from way back when.

I love this author so much, I can remember a few exams which I've taken less than a perfect grade in my slightly anal-retentive mind so I could finished her book. On a re-read no less! So you can just imagine how betrayed I felt when I have taken time off about my floor obsession so I could read her book straight.

It's very painful. Painful, I tell you. I had to pinch and check myself several times if I had suddenly woken up in a BDSM session because it's painful without the fun! Are there character deserving of death more? None that I can recall right now. After 5 hours of uphill travelling with this book, I can honestly say that there is nothing I can say except that, I had to read it so I could read of of this author's book. That's it. I read it for the OCD** in me. The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros should have been called The One who Bored*** me.

So, in summary, it's a dissolute vampire, and an innocent (?) girl, in a duel but not to each other, in a fight with some other vampires, in a charade, with a blah love-making. I take offense at the love-making. I thought if you're a Vampire you get hot sex. HOT! Not even lukewarm on this one. Really. I am feeling all guilty ranting about this book, but I can't not do it. I am so disappointed.

Have you ever have an author disappoint you so thoroughly?




* really, I am not getting paid to plug this. I am just amazed and enamoured all over again with my rice cooker.

** no OCD either, but if I have, this would be the only reason I could think of why I read it.


*** It's probably not an easy thing to do, write a book, but really. This is not up to Madeiros's standard at all!

(haven't got time to edit for grammar coz my baby's awake and angry)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

halo gurl, cool style ng rice cooker na yan hehhehe
btw, very nice layout, i love the header kyut!
muzta na!

Girlie said...

Hi Ethel, you're back! I guess this means you're over the flu. I was just starting to get worried, you know.

Nice to have you back up and running again.

Hugs.